Disclaimer: I don’t have a Synology box so can’t do much with these instructions, but I’m hoping creating this WIKI post (use the edit button below) will prompt others who HAVE installed Duplicati on a Synology box to flesh out these instructions.
This initial skeleton is based on @Wim_Jansen’s How to install Duplicati on Synology post, @Kareltje1980’s Synology installation post, and might eventually lovingly borrow @drwtsn32’s image from How to install Duplicati on Synology.
- First install mono (it’s under the beta applications IIRC)
- Download Duplicati (from Duplicati) and manually install by uploading it via the package manager.
- Make sure your user is part of the http group (or you may get “Connection to the server is lost” messages)
- You can run it via the web interface of Synology. If you want to run it outside of the web-interface, I think you will have to start it manually.
Note: Don’t access duplicati using the connect.to service, but login using the local IP:5000 for some reason it crashes then.
Synology Device status:
- DS211j: Installs (but reported unreliable)
- DS213j: Confirmed (possible restore bug)
- DS213+: Unknown (may not support Mono required by Duplicati)
- DS215: Confirmed
- DS216j: Confirmed
- DS218j: Confirmed
- DS218Play: Confirmed
- DS412+: Confirmed
- DS414: Crash issues? (DSM 6.2.1-23824 Update 4
Mono 4.6.2-0096 Beta-version from the official Synology-store)
- DS415+: Won’t run (no mono)?
- DS416: Won’t run (no mono)?
- DS418play: Installs but “won’t run”
- DS718+: Installed (per @Rian)
- DS918+: Confirmed (possible restore bug)
- DS1517+: Confirmed
- Can't connect to DSM started Duplicati after Synology 6.2 update
- Synology NAS version - sqlite db location
- Synology - Duplicati service won't autostart
- Did your jobs disappear? Could be this…
- Getting “connection to the server lost” messages or “403 Administrator login required” errors?
Check that user is part of the http group!