Connection lost issue on Synology

Dear community;

I have a DS416 running DSM 6.2.2-24922 Update 2.
Mono 4.6.2-0096 (provided through Synology appstore) is running.
I am with the current Duplicati version 2.0.4.23 (and also tried 2.0.4.17, 2.0.4.20).

1. Initially I looked through why backup stopped -
    config files resided on /root/.config/Duplicati and the volume has been completely filled by duplicati Does this corrupt the sqlite databases?.

I found some hint to change the default configuration as cmd line parameter but I am unsure how to change this configuration through the GUI. Neither did I identify the relevant configuration file.

1. Then I moved these files to /volume1 and tried to set a symlink
    cd /root/.config
    ln -s /volume1/@duplicati-config Duplicati
    Here I am not sure whether Mono / synology work correctly with symbolic links.
    At least I was able to secure my databases this time.

2. Now I am stuck; even without my (possibly corrupted) databases, The server provides the menu, but blinds it out with the error message “The connection to the server is lost”. I repeatedly run into this, even with a normal directory being created by the installer and the default files.

3. process view:
    After starting the server using the GUI, it will idle some time and the GUI reports afterwards ‘stopped’. In the process tree I find /volume1/@appstore/Mono/usr/local/bin/mono-sgen /volume1/@appstore/Duplicati/Duplicati.Server.exe
    This remains also after running /sbin/initctl stop pkgctl-Duplicati manually.

4. I was not able to identify the path of the Duplicati log file. dmesg does not show relevant information.
    I did not find readable information in /volume1/@appstore/Duplicati nor /var/log

5. If validated the http user group (following How to install Duplicati on Synology / DSM)

I should state that duplicati package has run good for 9 months before running into this.

Any ideas?

Jens