Moving to another storage provider

I use Dropbox to synchronize AND as destination to store Duplicati backups, as well as Backblaze B2.

If I need to change the provider in the future, I can simply copy the Duplicati files to the new provider (and continue using the same encryption password), or I will have to restart the backups from scratch and (what worries me the most) lose all the versions that will be stored in the “old” provider?

All you have to do is:

1. copy / move the destination files from your old to new destination
  2. update your existing backup job to point to the new destination

All your version history should stay intact - no “starting from scratch” required. :slight_smile:

If you want to read up on other users’s experiences with this, you can check out these topics:

1 Like

Thank you!

I had done a search before asking but it didn’t occur to me to search for “cloud to cloud”.:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Do you recall what search you used? It might make sense to tag those topics with common terms to help make them easier to find…

I don’t remember the exact terms, but it was something similar to the title of this topic, “moving to another provider” or something like that.

RCLONE may help in such situations.

https://rclone.org/

1 Like

One of the easiest way to migrate from Digital ocean to Wasabi.com Thank you @JonMikelV I was not expecting that easy was worrying about making databases, configuration etc to use my new hosting space in wasabi. The good thing is in Duplicati is wasabi cloud hosting is pre-defined.

And for migration from Digital Ocean (DO) to Wasabi I use flexify.io which is paid service but initially offered a bonus to use it which is enough for about 200GB transfer.

Monthly Cost of 250 GB space in DO is almost equal to 1 TB in wasabi, so this is the reason to move.