Upload Throttle not working

Yes, in order to try to eliminate any lingering setting changes or anything else, I was attempting to do it after reboot. I’ve since not had to as the throttle limits are in place after reboot. I’ve set to 10KB/s UP to make sure I can see Duplicati working and that it’s not so little that it could be mistaken for anything else.

I was eager to try this so I’ve set it now, and it looks promising, in my first attempt it looks like the 10KB/s limit is actually being enforced. If I remove that setting, usage spikes again as if it’s not controlled at all. It feels like a sanity check around throttle/threads isn’t working as expected. I think that’s what you alluded to here as well.

Same. I watch the overall “Performance” graph for that network device, as well as the “Process” thread for Duplicati to see what it’s using specifically. As noted above, when I set the upload thread limit to 1, it would avg out at my expected 10KB (0.1Mbps), but without the thread limit, it was averaging over 1.0 Mbps as if no limit was set at all.

Fair enough, I think that would be helped with a bit more information than the short stopping message in the status bar at top. I assume it’s more akin to “Stop after current chunk” rather than “Stop instantly” so it would be ideal to be able to see a chunk progress indicator somehow so that there is some expectation that it will indeed end. If I watch in task manager, it seems like I get 0%CPU, etc. for that process after trying to stop, so it feels like it’s frozen. More feedback would allay this.

I’m rebuilding all of my DB’s to let them get a fresh shot at it now that I’ve limited upload threads to 1, and will report back how it does once I’ve seen some progress.

Thanks again!