Introducing the Duplicati Portal: Your New Hub for Cloud-Based Backup Monitoring and Management

We’re excited to announce the launch of a our first commercial feature designed to make it easier to setup and manage your Duplicati backups: the Duplicati Portal. app.duplicati.com

Our goal is to make it as easy as possible to monitor and manage for your Duplicati backups particularly for people backing up multiple customers, production databases, and critical business data.

What is the Duplicati Portal?

The Duplicati Portal is a centralized, cloud-based solution that allows you to monitor and manage your backups across multiple devices and environments. With this new tool, you can easily access detailed information about your backups, manage backup configurations, and monitor backup health from anywhere, at any time.

Key Features of the Duplicati Portal:

1. Real-time Monitoring: View real-time updates and detailed reports on the status and health of each backup. Receive alerts for failed backups or issues that need attention.
  2. Easy Setup and Use: Get started quickly with a straightforward setup process, and manage your backups with ease, thanks to a user-friendly interface.
  3. Accessible Anywhere: As a cloud-based solution, the Duplicati Portal can be accessed from any device with internet connectivity, enabling you to keep an eye on your backups whether you’re at home, in the office, or on the go.
  4. Centralized Management (Coming Soon): Manage all your Duplicati backup configurations and tasks from a single, intuitive dashboard.

Getting Started with the Duplicati Portal

Getting started with the Duplicati Portal is easy. Here’s how:

1. Visit the Duplicati site and create an account.
  2. Link your existing Duplicati backups to your new Portal account.
  3. Start monitoring and (soon) managing your backups seamlessly across all your devices.

Your Feedback Matters

As always, your feedback is invaluable to us. As you start using the Duplicati Portal, please share your thoughts, experiences, and suggestions for improvement. Your input will help us continue to enhance the Portal and ensure it meets your backup management needs.

Join Us Today

We invite all Duplicati users to join the Duplicati Portal today. Discover a more streamlined and efficient way to manage your backups. For more information, visit Duplicati Portal.

Thank you for your continued support and enthusiasm. We look forward to seeing how the Duplicati Portal helps you manage your backups more effectively.

4 Likes

Sounds interesting! I’d like to get more info, but the “Duplicati Portal” link doesn’t work for me.

1 Like

Link works for me on several browsers and OS. Maybe you could try another browser?
Alternatively it does seem to wind up at https://app.duplicati.com/auth. Does that work?

1 Like

The first link takes me to that auth page, but the second link (near the end of his post) does not. I get a “Page not found” error.

1 Like

Arh, the last link was incorrect, I have fixed the link

1 Like

Thanks!

I signed up and answered one of the questions I had - how it actually works. I see we will have to disable any current tools we use for monitoring that rely on the HTTP report feature. Understandable since Duplicati only supports a single destination.

Another question: I see my account is flagged as “free trial.” How long is the trial? What is the pricing going to be?

1 Like

Care to build it yourself? The master branch these days is .NET 8 though, and kind of work-in-progress.

was a recent snapshot, but it predates the destination change. Presumably more snapshots will occur.

1 Like

Excellent, glad to see that feature has been enhanced. I will try to test the NET 8 build on its next release.

1 Like

The trial is 30 days, and you can see our pricing on the website.
As of right now we have not started counting the 30 days, so the trial will not expire in 30 days from now.
We will notify more prominently once the countdown starts.

I am making a new build now. I hope it turns out to be stable enough to allow moving to a canary release.

1 Like

There’s a timing issue for others who might not be adventurous enough to run something so raw currently. Possibly an external solution could be identified to forward the single current report to several destinations.

I haven’t used any of these. I’m just doing a web search on this. I found some DIY and a freemium offering.

This is nice to hear, but unless the next Beta follows unusually quickly after (risky), there’s still a timing gap.

Switching master branch to .NET8 also shows that the imminent Canary isn’t feature-complete. Still, good.

I suppose another solution for some is to put their existing tools on hold, but parallel running would be best.

1 Like

I don’t think any of them will work. The portal project only supports the json format, so unless your other webhook also supports json it will send in the wrong format to at least one of them.
The new implementation splits this so it allows specifying json and form urls, while being backwards compatible.

I am aware, but I do not want to delay the current beta for just the dual-reporting feature.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that.

You’re probably talking about 2.0.8.0 Experimental going Beta, maybe with libicu fix.
I’m talking about the maybe-imminent .NET 8 Canary going Beta. That’s further out.

1 Like

The libicu fix is for the .NET8 packages?

Despite some scary initial reports, I have not heard of any (new) issues with the experimental, so I plan to release it as a beta next week.

1 Like

I think you’re right. The pre-.NET 8 path doesn’t seem to use libicu, so can continue on its merry way unless libappindicator version change affects it. That actually might be the worry I should have cited.

Install instructions for Ubuntu 24.04 LTS (‘libappindicator0.1-cil’ has no installation candidate)

was a 2.0.7.1 change needed to install on new Ubuntu. 2.0.8.0 lacks the change too, I believe.

My idea is that the new Ubuntu broke 2.0.7.1, thus broke 2.0.8.0 even though nobody reported.

To avoid having to re-release, a definite answer on Ubuntu 24.04 and libappindicator is needed.

1 Like

I like this new Portal, keep up the good work! I have just 2 things;

1. With single monitoring does that means that my second back-up i’ve setup in Duplicati will not display in Duplicati Portal?

2. Machine ID display “Unknown” with a exclamation mark that says “This is usually because you’re using an old version of the client app”? How to fix this?

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @Vincent227, the current beta build (2.0.7.1) is not sending the machine-id, which is why it looks a little off in the portal.

I plan to release 2.0.8.1 next week, which will fix this, so the machine-id is present. Using version 2.0.8.0 or later will add the machine-id and remove the “unknown” marker.

Each backup has an id as well, so you will be able to see each of the backups inside the portal.

1 Like

“Monitor up to 5 machines” is really good, thanks.

However, the price for each computer is a bit far from my possibilities.

I will continue using Duplicati and spreading it as far as I can.

Good luck with the venture.

Not sure how I pulled this off … might have something to do with how I’ve been running some of the experimental versions:

I seem to have wound up with some bad data, from backup jobs run before I was born.

1 Like

I’ll look forward to the next release :slight_smile: Keep up the good work!

I do see my other backup in the section “Backup dashboard (backups)”, but not in “Account dashboard (Machines)”. Assume this will be also fixed in the next release?

Maybe this is a leak of a new direction for duplicati - time travel. It would obviate the need to actually take backups. Brilliant!