Database recreation not really starting?

Hello all. I started a database recreation process over a week ago. I can’t see any progress at all on the status bar of the GUI, and I don’t know how I can see otherwise what duplicati was doing all this time and if the process is really going on. When I try to quit Duplicati using the task icon in my task bar (I’m on Linux Mint), it does not quit, I’m sure for a very good reason. It’s really as if the process has not even started at all. How can I verify what is happening and what should I do ?

I’m using Duplicati - 2.0.7.1_beta_2023-05-25
Linux Mint 21.2

Welcome to the forum @titilesoleil

Does status bar indicate a start? I know you said it shows no progress. Describe what you see.
There’s also a progress bar shown, assuming recreate actually started. If visible, what percent?

Viewing the Duplicati Server Logs, specifically About → Show log → Live, trying different levels.
Profiling is enormously detailed. Information is a little light. Verbose is a nice starter for recreate.

Why are you doing a recreate anyway, and what is prior good/bad history with this Duplicati job?
If something was stuck before, recreate won’t start until the thing before it ends. One at a time…

You can also look directly in the folder shown on the Database screen to see if files are changing.

Thank you very much for your answer.

No, it does not indicates a start. It’s saying “Regenerating database…” and nothing else. There is just this text in the progress bar, no percentage, nothing else.

In about → Show log → Live it does not show much, even with “Profiling”. The last thing that is showed is from the 24th October and says : Backend event: List - Started: ()

Do you think I should just basically kill the process by restarting ?
Then what ? Try to recreate the database again ? Delete my .conf folder ?

What I really don’t want to do, is having to delete my remote backup and re-upload it again. It makes me anxious to be without a distant backup. It takes ages, also… I had just did it after a computer change.

I just checked that also, the files are not changing.

I will assume it’s saying “Recreating database …” (untranslated term – unsure if you’re translating).

It never gives percentage as text, but a green bar grows left to right, and you can estimate distance.
If you’re on the default white-background theme with no bar, you’re just starting, which seems likely.
First thing it will run is probably list that live log suggests isn’t listing. What is the destination type?

Understandable, but why are you doing recreate anyway? Was there an error previous to recreate?

You could have just continued with old one.

Migration to new PC - faq wanted

but I’m assuming that was awhile ago, so not related to current issue. What is related to issue though?
Need some information on the situation in order to give suitable advice. It’s odd that list isn’t listing…

For a rough plan since nothing’s moving you could restart Duplicati or Linux and see if list then runs.
On the Destination screen, the Test connection button typically will do a list, just to see if it works.

I confirmed with a Recreate and a look at the operations done with destination is that it does a list first.

If your recreate is trying to fix some problem, there’s certainly no guarantee it will, so keep giving clues.

Your’re right about “recreating datatabase”, I was translating from french.

The green bar does not show, it’s been blank for a week.

The reason I was recreating the database was because of an error “unexpected difference in filset” which caused duplicati to stop performing my backup on the distant swift server.

I don’t typically use duplicati from the command line, I always only used the GUI. I tried to quit Duplicati from the tray icon, but it does not quit. I tried to execute the LIST from the GUI interface (I just kept the standard parameters since I don’t know anything about it), it basically just says “waiting for task to start” and does not starts anything (confirmed by the live log that did not change at all, even with the Profiling option.

Should I restart my PC and re-open Duplicati to try again something ?

… because the list of that server seemingly isn’t working.

Suggestion is right above your post, but it might not fix the original issue.

If you’ve just been hitting the Recreate button, old database is already gone, but if it’s not then please save it because it might have some historical information behind the Unexpected difference" problem.

Hello

could you check on Duplicati state, I’d hasard

sudo systemctl status duplicati

if the Mint install is using the Duplicati Ubuntu package.

If it’s running, you can check using top or htop if it’s using any cpu time (if it is recreating a database it should use quite a lot), the new database should be under /usr/lib/duplicati/data, use ls -lart to see last used sqlite file, look at the modified time to see if it has been changed recently.

systemctl is also a good way to stop, start, or restart Duplicati, if you don’t feel like a Linux restart.

On my Linux Mint, data folder in /usr/lib/duplicati install folder doesn’t exist. I suspect that requires

--portable-mode
Activates portable mode where the database is placed below the program executable.

Regardless, looking in the folder shown on the database screen should get one to the correct spot.
That was already done and reported as not changing. Confirming it’s stuck at 24th Oct will clinch it.

There might be a tiny barely started database there. If there’s a similarly named larger one, save it.
There might also be a suffixed one. Basically is the latest thing around 24th Oct. If so, seems stuck.

I’m still not certain how well live log showing after-the-fact works, but here’s a non-stuck list time:

EDIT:

so possibly on user system, recreate did start, then immediately got stuck trying to list destination.

Checking CPU is a good idea if one doesn’t have patience to see if Profiling live log gets an update.
Again, I’m not sure how reliable it is at showing things in the past, so any sign of activity may inform.

I wonder if Swift suffers from an infinite http-operation-timeout? Maybe default should be lower.
Regardless, can’t change that now, but can restart at least the local and maybe the remote end of it.

This is the result of this command :slight_smile:
duplicati.service - Duplicati web-server
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/duplicati.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: inactive (dead)

Thanks a lot for help and answers. Here is what I have done so far ;

• Rebooted my PC entierly
  • Renamed the current .conf / Duplicati folder
  • Restored my backup .conf / Duplicati folder from BEFORE the attempted database recreation
  • Duplicati tried to do a backup immediately, which resulted in a RED error message “unexpected file difference in fileset”
  • I runned the LIST command. It seemed to run fine, it says “Done !” and “Return code 0” with a list of things in between.

So here I am. Is there a way to fix the error message without recreating the database, which, if I understood your answers well, is not a guarantee to fix the unexpected difference in fileset issue ?
I tried to google this error, but I had trouble finding recent solutions. Sorry if I missed some very obvious documentation. I’m not very experimented and the safety of my data is something that triggers my anxiety, which makes it difficult for me to fix issues as I get really scared of making a mistake that will make things worse when I don’t have a recent distant backup.
I’m very grateful for your help, I already learned a bit much about Duplicati.
Edit : mistranslation from my language

This is possibly good news, as it means you still have your old database (might need a look at it).

is the drawback of putting an old database in. If you have a past-due scheduled task, it runs when Duplicati starts (which was not mentioned, but I’m assuming). The manual workarounds are tough.

That’s a different list command. It asks Duplicati about backup versions and source file names. The request that was stuck before was Duplicati asking Swift to do a list of destination (not source) files. Regardless, it looks (from test) like your list does a Swift list inside it, so its prior hang may be gone.

If you have the space (or funds, if it’s a paid server), you can always export your old backup to get a second backup with a different name and Swift folder (or local folder is likely faster, if that’s enough).

If it’s a private server that you can access as local files from remote system, you can also copy your destination folder so that we can feel more free to experiment on the folder that’s current destination.

Experiments are very unlikely to damage source files, but could easily take a few tries on destination
files and the database so try not to lose the old database that I’m glad you have, or options go down.

If you can run Python scripts on the Swift server, that gives even more opportunity to get a good look.

Please say more about the Swift server and the old .conf area, for example was that made just before recreate attempt that got stuck? Something older is less useful and can in fact be hazardous to things.

If old database is current, you can take database bug report to put somewhere and then post a link to. There is a good chance this will let someone get some more info, but it may or may not lead to a cure.

it’s a paid server, I don’t own it. It’s a bit pricy, but it’s really realiable and their technical support is absolutely excellent, with a few linux guys on the team that can help. I won’t be able to run python scripts, but if there are any specific stuff that I should ask them they will answer (it takes 1-2 days to get the answer though).

Two things were happening when the backup stopped working, so I’m not sure if any/which one had anything to do with the issue. Sorry if it’s long to read.

First thing was that I was going through my old USB keys box, recovering anything on them that might be of some use. The keys were ancient and malfunctioning, some of them took days to read, but due to bad previous life choices there might have been data that was not anywhere else on them so I kept going. Afterwards I had a lot of large corrupted files (100Go at least from some 32Gb key, strange). Which I then cleaned up, keeping only what was of some use.

Second thing that happened simultaneously was that my partner changed some stuff in our internet router modem configuration. His first modifications rendered our internet connection basically unusable, because some ports/protocols were closed (for instance we couldn’t use Whatsapp audio calls). He also made is so we have to more wireless internet after midnight until morning, so any backup trying to use the wireless at night will not be able to complete.

So, basically, Duplicati tried to do its routine backup while I was adding very large new files to my computer. He started to upload a gigamous amount of stupid data to the Swift server, it was very slow, and our internet was getting shutdown at random moments because the router was reconfigured, blocking some type of access, restarted, or shutting for its night-night. When I realised what was happening, I deactivated the schedule backups, finished cleaning up whatever ancient data I could salvage and deleted everything that was unusable. I then tried to start the backup, but I got the error immediately.

That wasn’t bad, and it’s nice to know some of the history even if it’s hard to find a trail right to an issue.

For long to read, here are two others (why a flurry now?) of this error from complicated network failures:

Unexpected difference in fileset version(s)
Error: The socket has been shut down

I’ll leave it to you if you want to look for a way to copy your destination. Is there maybe a web interface?

The database bug report might be the next step (if database is current). I hope someone else can study these eventually, maybe using the heavily-illustrated first of the just-above links as a possible approach.

A copy of the text from About → Show log → Stored is also helpful, as job log is sometimes not created, especially when things don’t complete (which is when you’d like a log). This reporting is being improved.

Thank you for your answer. I read a bit of the threads you put, but I don’t understand everything and I’m not sure what I should try. What I’m understanding is that deleting the Version that makes the error (in my case, version 8 from 29th September) will probably make another version do the error next. So that seems to be a bad idea.

What do you mean by copy my destination ? Is that the backup on the swift server ? I can access it with a Windows PC and Cyberduck and delete everything manually if needed.
My partner is telling me to delete everything on the distant server and re-upload it again, but I was really hoping to avoid that.

I did the create-report command, and it supposedly completed, but it’s not showing in about > show log for some reason. I’m not sure it was what you were talking about

That’s normal, and you weren’t expected to. It’s just an example of how drawn out debug can get.

Nobody knows without trying it, or maybe looking at the database bug report that I’m still seeking.

If you’re worried about messing up the Duplicati backup on the Swift server, you can make a copy.

Starting fresh is probably the most certain approach, however it loses history and may take awhile.

What I was talking about was what I linked to above. Here is the link again. It’s a GUI button like this:

If you ran the command line version, it’s the same report, but won’t show up in browser for download.

The CREATE-REPORT command should have put the report where you told it on command to put it:

Duplicati.CommandLine.exe create-report <storage-URL> <output-file> [<options>]

I don’t think any things you run in GUI Commandline do. Any stored data there is mostly odd failures, which is why I’m asking for About → Show log → Stored. Unlike job log, normal activity is not logged.

I found the bug report. It’s 2.6 Gb. Do you want me to upload it somehwere ? I also installed an SQL client so I can open the tables.

Here is what I have in About > Show log > Stored:

31 oct. 2023 13:04: Failed while executing “Verify” with id: 2
Duplicati.Library.Interface.UserInformationException: Unexpected difference in fileset version 8: 29.09.2023 13:00:00 (database id: 5), found 317826 entries, but expected 317891
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalDatabase.VerifyConsistency (System.Int64 blocksize, System.Int64 hashsize, System.Boolean verifyfilelists, System.Data.IDbTransaction transaction) [0x0036e] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.TestHandler.Run (System.Int64 samples) [0x0009f] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller+<>c__DisplayClass30_0.b__0 (Duplicati.Library.Main.TestResults result) [0x0001c] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T] (T result, System.String& paths, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter& filter, System.Action1[T] method) [0x0026f] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T] (T result, System.Action1[T] method) [0x00009] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.Test (System.Int64 samples) [0x0004b] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Server.Runner.Run (Duplicati.Server.Runner+IRunnerData data, System.Boolean fromQueue) [0x00423] in <30a34d71126b48248d040dda634ddad9>:0

31 oct. 2023 12:00: Failed while executing “Backup” with id: 2
Duplicati.Library.Interface.UserInformationException: Unexpected difference in fileset version 8: 29.09.2023 13:00:00 (database id: 5), found 317826 entries, but expected 317891
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalDatabase.VerifyConsistency (System.Int64 blocksize, System.Int64 hashsize, System.Boolean verifyfilelists, System.Data.IDbTransaction transaction) [0x0036e] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackupDatabase+<>c__DisplayClass34_0.b__0 () [0x00000] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.SingleRunner+<>c__DisplayClass3_0.b__0 () [0x00000] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.SingleRunner.DoRunOnMain[T] (System.Func1[TResult] method) [0x000b0] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.RunAsync (System.String[] sources, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter filter, System.Threading.CancellationToken token) [0x01048] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at CoCoL.ChannelExtensions.WaitForTaskOrThrow (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00050] in <9a758ff4db6c48d6b3d4d0e5c2adf6d1>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.Run (System.String[] sources, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter filter, System.Threading.CancellationToken token) [0x00009] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller+<>c__DisplayClass14_0.<Backup>b__0 (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackupResults result) [0x0004b] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T] (T result, System.String[]& paths, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter& filter, System.Action1[T] method) [0x0026f] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.Backup (System.String inputsources, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter filter) [0x00074] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Server.Runner.Run (Duplicati.Server.Runner+IRunnerData data, System.Boolean fromQueue) [0x00349] in <30a34d71126b48248d040dda634ddad9>:0

31 oct. 2023 11:05: Failed while executing “Backup” with id: 2
23 oct. 2023 13:01: Failed while executing “Backup” with id: 2

21 oct. 2023 23:05: Failed while executing “Backup” with id: 2
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (Error: NameResolutionFailure (Error: NameResolutionFailure) (One or more errors occurred. (Error: NameResolutionFailure))) —> System.AggregateException: Error: NameResolutionFailure (Error: NameResolutionFailure) (One or more errors occurred. (Error: NameResolutionFailure)) —> System.Net.WebException: Error: NameResolutionFailure
at System.Net.WebConnection.Connect (System.Net.WebOperation operation, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00079] in :0
at System.Net.WebConnection.InitConnection (System.Net.WebOperation operation, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x000f7] in :0
at System.Net.WebOperation.Run () [0x000b7] in :0
at System.Net.WebCompletionSource1[T].WaitForCompletion () [0x000b1] in <a85c1a570f9a4f9f9c3d2cfa5504e34f>:0 at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream () [0x00019] in <a85c1a570f9a4f9f9c3d2cfa5504e34f>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Backend.OpenStack.OpenStackStorage.GetKeystone3AuthResponse () [0x00075] in <8ed6d878db2a461590a428d1b94243cf>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Backend.OpenStack.OpenStackStorage.GetAuthResponse () [0x00023] in <8ed6d878db2a461590a428d1b94243cf>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Backend.OpenStack.OpenStackStorage.get_SimpleStorageEndPoint () [0x00008] in <8ed6d878db2a461590a428d1b94243cf>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Backend.OpenStack.OpenStackStorage.PutAsync (System.String remotename, System.IO.Stream stream, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancelToken) [0x00011] in <8ed6d878db2a461590a428d1b94243cf>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.DoPut (Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.BackendHandler+FileEntryItem item, Duplicati.Library.Interface.IBackend backend, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancelToken) [0x00426] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader+<>c__DisplayClass20_0.<UploadFileAsync>b__0 () [0x0010a] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.DoWithRetry (System.Func1[TResult] method, Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.BackendHandler+FileEntryItem item, Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader+Worker worker, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancelToken) [0x00198] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.DoWithRetry (System.Func1[TResult] method, Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.BackendHandler+FileEntryItem item, Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader+Worker worker, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancelToken) [0x003c1] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.UploadFileAsync (Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.BackendHandler+FileEntryItem item, Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader+Worker worker, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancelToken) [0x000da] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.UploadBlockAndIndexAsync (Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.VolumeUploadRequest upload, Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader+Worker worker, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancelToken) [0x00098] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.<Run>b__13_0 (<>f__AnonymousType121[j__TPar] self) [0x00780] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.b__13_0 (<>f__AnonymousType121[<Input>j__TPar] self) [0x007d7] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at CoCoL.AutomationExtensions.RunTask[T] (T channels, System.Func2[T,TResult] method, System.Boolean catchRetiredExceptions) [0x000d5] in <9a758ff4db6c48d6b3d4d0e5c2adf6d1>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.FlushBackend (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackupResults result, CoCoL.IWriteChannel1[T] uploadtarget, System.Threading.Tasks.Task uploader) [0x000f2] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.RunAsync (System.String[] sources, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter filter, System.Threading.CancellationToken token) [0x00cb2] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.RunAsync (System.String[] sources, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter filter, System.Threading.CancellationToken token) [0x01048] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at CoCoL.ChannelExtensions.WaitForTaskOrThrow (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x0005d] in <9a758ff4db6c48d6b3d4d0e5c2adf6d1>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.Run (System.String[] sources, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter filter, System.Threading.CancellationToken token) [0x00009] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller+<>c__DisplayClass14_0.<Backup>b__0 (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackupResults result) [0x0004b] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T] (T result, System.String[]& paths, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter& filter, System.Action1[T] method) [0x0026f] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.Backup (System.String inputsources, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter filter) [0x00074] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Server.Runner.Run (Duplicati.Server.Runner+IRunnerData data, System.Boolean fromQueue) [0x00349] in <30a34d71126b48248d040dda634ddad9>:0
—> (Inner Exception #0) System.AggregateException: Error: NameResolutionFailure (Error: NameResolutionFailure) (One or more errors occurred. (Error: NameResolutionFailure)) —> System.Net.WebException: Error: NameResolutionFailure
at System.Net.WebConnection.Connect (System.Net.WebOperation operation, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00079] in :0
at System.Net.WebConnection.InitConnection (System.Net.WebOperation operation, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x000f7] in :0
at System.Net.WebCompletionSource1[T].WaitForCompletion () [0x000b1] in <a85c1a570f9a4f9f9c3d2cfa5504e34f>:0 at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream () [0x00019] in <a85c1a570f9a4f9f9c3d2cfa5504e34f>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Backend.OpenStack.OpenStackStorage.GetKeystone3AuthResponse () [0x00075] in <8ed6d878db2a461590a428d1b94243cf>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Backend.OpenStack.OpenStackStorage.GetAuthResponse () [0x00023] in <8ed6d878db2a461590a428d1b94243cf>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Backend.OpenStack.OpenStackStorage.get_SimpleStorageEndPoint () [0x00008] in <8ed6d878db2a461590a428d1b94243cf>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Backend.OpenStack.OpenStackStorage.PutAsync (System.String remotename, System.IO.Stream stream, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancelToken) [0x00011] in <8ed6d878db2a461590a428d1b94243cf>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.DoPut (Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.BackendHandler+FileEntryItem item, Duplicati.Library.Interface.IBackend backend, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancelToken) [0x00426] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader+<>c__DisplayClass20_0.<UploadFileAsync>b__0 () [0x0010a] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.DoWithRetry (System.Func1[TResult] method, Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.BackendHandler+FileEntryItem item, Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader+Worker worker, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancelToken) [0x00198] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.DoWithRetry (System.Func1[TResult] method, Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.BackendHandler+FileEntryItem item, Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader+Worker worker, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancelToken) [0x003c1] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.UploadFileAsync (Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.BackendHandler+FileEntryItem item, Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader+Worker worker, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancelToken) [0x000da] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.UploadBlockAndIndexAsync (Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.VolumeUploadRequest upload, Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader+Worker worker, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancelToken) [0x00098] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.<Run>b__13_0 (<>f__AnonymousType121[j__TPar] self) [0x00780] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.b__13_0 (<>f__AnonymousType121[<Input>j__TPar] self) [0x007d7] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at CoCoL.AutomationExtensions.RunTask[T] (T channels, System.Func2[T,TResult] method, System.Boolean catchRetiredExceptions) [0x000d5] in <9a758ff4db6c48d6b3d4d0e5c2adf6d1>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.FlushBackend (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackupResults result, CoCoL.IWriteChannel1[T] uploadtarget, System.Threading.Tasks.Task uploader) [0x000f2] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.RunAsync (System.String[] sources, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter filter, System.Threading.CancellationToken token) [0x00cb2] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.RunAsync (System.String[] sources, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter filter, System.Threading.CancellationToken token) [0x01048] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.WebException: Error: NameResolutionFailure at System.Net.WebConnection.Connect (System.Net.WebOperation operation, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00079] in <a85c1a570f9a4f9f9c3d2cfa5504e34f>:0 at System.Net.WebConnection.InitConnection (System.Net.WebOperation operation, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x000f7] in <a85c1a570f9a4f9f9c3d2cfa5504e34f>:0 at System.Net.WebOperation.Run () [0x000b7] in <a85c1a570f9a4f9f9c3d2cfa5504e34f>:0 at System.Net.WebCompletionSource1[T].WaitForCompletion () [0x000b1] in :0
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream () [0x00019] in :0
at Duplicati.Library.Backend.OpenStack.OpenStackStorage.GetKeystone3AuthResponse () [0x00075] in <8ed6d878db2a461590a428d1b94243cf>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Backend.OpenStack.OpenStackStorage.GetAuthResponse () [0x00023] in <8ed6d878db2a461590a428d1b94243cf>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Backend.OpenStack.OpenStackStorage.get_SimpleStorageEndPoint () [0x00008] in <8ed6d878db2a461590a428d1b94243cf>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Backend.OpenStack.OpenStackStorage.PutAsync (System.String remotename, System.IO.Stream stream, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancelToken) [0x00011] in <8ed6d878db2a461590a428d1b94243cf>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.DoPut (Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.BackendHandler+FileEntryItem item, Duplicati.Library.Interface.IBackend backend, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancelToken) [0x00426] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader+<>c__DisplayClass20_0.b__0 () [0x0010a] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.DoWithRetry (System.Func1[TResult] method, Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.BackendHandler+FileEntryItem item, Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader+Worker worker, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancelToken) [0x00198] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.DoWithRetry (System.Func1[TResult] method, Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.BackendHandler+FileEntryItem item, Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader+Worker worker, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancelToken) [0x003c1] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.UploadFileAsync (Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.BackendHandler+FileEntryItem item, Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader+Worker worker, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancelToken) [0x000da] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.UploadBlockAndIndexAsync (Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.VolumeUploadRequest upload, Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader+Worker worker, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancelToken) [0x00098] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.b__13_0 (<>f__AnonymousType121[<Input>j__TPar] self) [0x00780] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.<Run>b__13_0 (<>f__AnonymousType121[j__TPar] self) [0x007d7] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at CoCoL.AutomationExtensions.RunTask[T] (T channels, System.Func2[T,TResult] method, System.Boolean catchRetiredExceptions) [0x000d5] in <9a758ff4db6c48d6b3d4d0e5c2adf6d1>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.FlushBackend (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackupResults result, CoCoL.IWriteChannel1[T] uploadtarget, System.Threading.Tasks.Task uploader) [0x000f2] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.RunAsync (System.String sources, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter filter, System.Threading.CancellationToken token) [0x00cb2] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 <—

—> (Inner Exception #1) System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (Error: NameResolutionFailure) —> System.Net.WebException: Error: NameResolutionFailure
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.FlushBackend (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackupResults result, CoCoL.IWriteChannel1[T] uploadtarget, System.Threading.Tasks.Task uploader) [0x000f2] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.RunAsync (System.String[] sources, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter filter, System.Threading.CancellationToken token) [0x00cb2] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.WebException: Error: NameResolutionFailure at System.Net.WebConnection.Connect (System.Net.WebOperation operation, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00079] in <a85c1a570f9a4f9f9c3d2cfa5504e34f>:0 at System.Net.WebConnection.InitConnection (System.Net.WebOperation operation, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x000f7] in <a85c1a570f9a4f9f9c3d2cfa5504e34f>:0 at System.Net.WebOperation.Run () [0x000b7] in <a85c1a570f9a4f9f9c3d2cfa5504e34f>:0 at System.Net.WebCompletionSource1[T].WaitForCompletion () [0x000b1] in :0
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream () [0x00019] in :0
at Duplicati.Library.Backend.OpenStack.OpenStackStorage.GetKeystone3AuthResponse () [0x00075] in <8ed6d878db2a461590a428d1b94243cf>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Backend.OpenStack.OpenStackStorage.GetAuthResponse () [0x00023] in <8ed6d878db2a461590a428d1b94243cf>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Backend.OpenStack.OpenStackStorage.get_SimpleStorageEndPoint () [0x00008] in <8ed6d878db2a461590a428d1b94243cf>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Backend.OpenStack.OpenStackStorage.PutAsync (System.String remotename, System.IO.Stream stream, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancelToken) [0x00011] in <8ed6d878db2a461590a428d1b94243cf>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.DoPut (Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.BackendHandler+FileEntryItem item, Duplicati.Library.Interface.IBackend backend, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancelToken) [0x00426] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader+<>c__DisplayClass20_0.b__0 () [0x0010a] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.DoWithRetry (System.Func1[TResult] method, Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.BackendHandler+FileEntryItem item, Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader+Worker worker, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancelToken) [0x00198] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.DoWithRetry (System.Func1[TResult] method, Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.BackendHandler+FileEntryItem item, Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader+Worker worker, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancelToken) [0x003c1] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.UploadFileAsync (Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.BackendHandler+FileEntryItem item, Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader+Worker worker, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancelToken) [0x000da] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.UploadBlockAndIndexAsync (Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.VolumeUploadRequest upload, Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader+Worker worker, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancelToken) [0x00098] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.b__13_0 (<>f__AnonymousType121[<Input>j__TPar] self) [0x00780] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.<Run>b__13_0 (<>f__AnonymousType121[j__TPar] self) [0x007d7] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at CoCoL.AutomationExtensions.RunTask[T] (T channels, System.Func2[T,TResult] method, System.Boolean catchRetiredExceptions) [0x000d5] in <9a758ff4db6c48d6b3d4d0e5c2adf6d1>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.FlushBackend (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackupResults result, CoCoL.IWriteChannel1[T] uploadtarget, System.Threading.Tasks.Task uploader) [0x000f2] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.RunAsync (System.String sources, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter filter, System.Threading.CancellationToken token) [0x00cb2] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 <—
<—
<—

21 oct. 2023 13:02: Failed while executing “Backup” with id: 2

21 oct. 2023 10:58: Error in updater
System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.RunWithTimeoutWorker[T] (System.Threading.Tasks.Task1[TResult] workerTask, System.Int32 timeout, System.Action abort, System.Func1[TResult] aborted, System.Threading.CancellationTokenSource cts) [0x00118] in :0
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x00019] in :0
at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse (System.Net.WebRequest request) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBits (System.Net.WebRequest request, System.IO.Stream writeStream) [0x0011c] in :0
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile (System.Uri address, System.String fileName) [0x00091] in :0
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile (System.String address, System.String fileName) [0x00008] in :0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(string,string)
at Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.UpdaterManager.CheckForUpdate (Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.ReleaseType channel) [0x000ee] in <9efd42ee8b654a7fb96bd8662c263dad>:0

I got tired doing nothing and tried to delete the version 8 of the backup. It could not perform and return following error, surely that’s indicating something useful (translation of the first sentence from french : Delete operation failed with following error ) :

1 nov. 2023 10:53: L’opération Delete a échoué avec l’erreur : Unexpected number of deleted filesets 5 vs 6
{“ClassName”:“System.Exception”,“Message”:“Unexpected number of deleted filesets 5 vs 6”,“Data”:null,“InnerException”:null,“HelpURL”:null,“StackTraceString”:" at Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalDeleteDatabase+d__5.MoveNext () [0x0011f] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 \n at System.Collections.Generic.LargeArrayBuilder1[T].AddRange (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1[T] items) [0x00046] in :0 \n at System.Collections.Generic.EnumerableHelpers.ToArray[T] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1[T] source) [0x0003c] in <d22af090bceb4be792f53595cf074724>:0 \n at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1[T] source) [0x0002c] in :0 \n at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.DeleteHandler.DoRun (Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalDeleteDatabase db, System.Data.IDbTransaction& transaction, System.Boolean hasVerifiedBackend, System.Boolean forceCompact, Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager sharedManager) [0x0018d] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 \n at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.DeleteHandler.Run () [0x00075] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 \n at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.b__17_0 (Duplicati.Library.Main.DeleteResults result) [0x00012] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 \n at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T] (T result, System.String& paths, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter& filter, System.Action1[T] method) [0x0026f] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 \n at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T] (T result, System.Action1[T] method) [0x00009] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 \n at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.Delete () [0x00006] in <9cab5b8f1b4f49ec980acae8e278968b>:0 \n at Duplicati.CommandLine.Commands.Delete (System.IO.TextWriter outwriter, System.Action1[T] setup, System.Collections.Generic.List1[T] args, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2[TKey,TValue] options, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter filter) [0x00084] in <81fea8e154eb4fd9aa8b06aac66d311a>:0 \n at (wrapper delegate-invoke) System.Func6[System.IO.TextWriter,System.Action1[Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller],System.Collections.Generic.List1[System.String],System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2[System.String,System.String],Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter,System.Int32].invoke_TResult_T1_T2_T3_T4_T5(System.IO.TextWriter,System.Action1<Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller>,System.Collections.Generic.List1<string>,System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2<string, string>,Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter)\n at Duplicati.CommandLine.Program.ParseCommandLine (System.IO.TextWriter outwriter, System.Action1[T] setup, System.Boolean& verboseErrors, System.String[] args) [0x00342] in <81fea8e154eb4fd9aa8b06aac66d311a>:0 \n at Duplicati.CommandLine.Program.RunCommandLine (System.IO.TextWriter outwriter, System.IO.TextWriter errwriter, System.Action1[T] setup, System.String args) [0x00002] in <81fea8e154eb4fd9aa8b06aac66d311a>:0 ",“RemoteStackTraceString”:null,“RemoteStackIndex”:0,“ExceptionMethod”:null,“HResult”:-2146233088,“Source”:“Duplicati.Library.Main”}

Could you please run the following query on your database (see sqlite.org for a sqlite client):
replace (fileidnumber) by the fileset number returning an error.

SELECT DISTINCT PATH, FilesetID, FileID, Typ FROM
(
        SELECT 
                A.Path AS Path, D.FilesetID, D.FileID, "regfile" as Typ
        FROM 
                File A
        LEFT JOIN Blockset B
          ON A.BlocksetID = B.ID 
        LEFT JOIN Metadataset C  
          ON A.MetadataID = C.ID
        LEFT JOIN FilesetEntry D
          ON A.ID = D.FileID
        LEFT JOIN Blockset E
          ON E.ID = C.BlocksetID
        LEFT JOIN BlocksetEntry G
          ON B.ID = G.BlocksetID
        LEFT JOIN BlocksetEntry I
          ON E.ID = I.BlocksetID
        WHERE 
          A.BlocksetId >= 0 AND
          D.FilesetID = (fileidnumber) AND
          (I."Index" = 0 OR I."Index" IS NULL) AND  
          (G."Index" = 0 OR G."Index" IS NULL)
UNION
     SELECT
        B.Path, A.FilesetID, A.FileID, "dirlink" as Typ
    FROM
        FilesetEntry A, 
        File B, 
        Metadataset C, 
        Blockset D,
        BlocksetEntry E,
        Block F
    WHERE 
        A.FileID = B.ID 
        AND B.MetadataID = C.ID 
        AND C.BlocksetID = D.ID 
        AND E.BlocksetID = C.BlocksetID
        AND E.BlockID = F.ID
        AND E."Index" = 0
        AND (B.BlocksetID = -100 OR B.BlocksetID = -200) 
        AND A.FilesetID = (fileidnumber)
) R
WHERE NOT EXISTS 
(SELECT 'x' FROM FilesetEntry 
 WHERE FilesetEntry.FilesetID = R.FilesetID AND
 FilesetEntry.FileID = R.FileID)