[SOLVED] Found 3 files that are missing from the remote storage, please run repair

I’ve done several trial uploads: when I load a folder on a cloud configured and prepared to accept Duplicati uploads, even if this folder contains three files, I always get this message:

“Found 3 files that are missing from the remote storage, please run repair”

If I go to the upload destination folder (in the cloud) the files are present.

I’m worried about bigger uploads and the important files, about the actual presence of all the files backed up and the integrity of each file, difficult to verify if it is a large number of files.

Using the lower “REPAIR” button has no effect and the error remains.

On remote:

19 feb 2019 16:10: list
19 feb 2019 16:09: list
19 feb 2019 16:03: list
19 feb 2019 16:03: put duplicati-20190219T150353Z.dlist.zip.aes
19 feb 2019 16:03: put duplicati-i00976b84cdd546dfb523e92f986a97da.dindex.zip.aes
19 feb 2019 16:03: put duplicati-bafce838fc81f4154b14807bb401c401c.dblock.zip.aes

I read various posts here, here and here, but I did not understand if and above all how the mistake can be avoided.

The need is easy to understand: if I have no certainty of completeness, integrity and the possibility of being able to restore the backup when necessary, it is useless for me to do so, creating - moreover - a false expectation of security.

The “Basic” option “allow-missing-source” option does not reassure me. Do you advise me to use it?

How can this error be avoided?

Go to database click recreate database, than run backup

Thanks for now. I try and let you know.

I am afraid that the error is due to the server not responding about the list of files sent by Duplicates to compare with its local list. If the list is not returned from the server or is only partially returned, Duplicati thinks the files are missing in the destination.

Doesn’t seem relevant unless you specify source files that are missing, in which case you might want it.

–allow-missing-source

Use this option to continue even if some source entries are missing.

What storage type is this? If storage file listings are having trouble, the Recreate will probably also suffer.

Some storage types are picky about slashes. You could start down a direct restore from backup files, far enough to see what it takes to at least pull up the backup date, and maybe even the view of available files. Some destination types expect forward slashes (not backslashes), and sometimes one is needed at end.

1 Like

Thank you all for the answers.

Unfortunately I use google translator, so I miss some details.
It is very interesting the detail about the “slash” (/) and the backslash (\), indeed, it could also be that my problem may arise from the incorrect use of slash.

Could you kindly explain me better? (The fault is mine if I do not understand well, not yours).

Good day everyone.

SOLVED

thanks to @ts678 that addressed me on the right path: my mistake (or better an oversight of Windows users) was to use the backslash () instead of the slash in the last part of the path.

Now everything works!

Thanks

2 Likes

Could you explain more ?
I have the same error and I not find the problem … GGGGRRRR

I’m frenchy so

I can’t say for sure what was done, but the idea was to use / rather than \ when giving the remote path.

Many thanks for this help