pCloud and Duplicati using webDAV

Is somebody using Duplicati to backup to pCloud using webDAV?
So far I did not succeed to finish a backup, so looking for best practice.

Here are a few posts from people that seem to have used it, but my guess is it’s pretty much the typical WebDAV implementation:

To get the backup started is quite straight forwared. However I have the issue that the backup never finishes. At least not in a reasonable time. With around 100 files and 2GB total backup the upload is stuck at 40 files and 0.8GB to go since 10h now. I had similar results with previous trials.

So the same source to a different destination works but to pcloud WebDAV it stalls right around here?

Is it possible you’re running into pCloud transaction or bandwidth limits?

Checking the log, both regular and “Show Log” -> “Live” -> “Profiling” when the stall is reached might give some hints about what is happening…

I now stopped the backup and restarted it. Then it finished within reasonable time. The next bunch of 2GB uploaded then also without issues. Maybe it was a temporary issue.
Thanks.

1 Like

Glad to hear it seems to be working for you.

Hi T! I’m trying to sync contactsand calendar via pcloud WebDAV (using davX5). However no URL works and I end up hitting 404 in the error details. Which address do you use? Thanks a lot!

webdav.pcloud.com
port 443

As I remember the “path on server” must exist. But not 100% sure about it.

Thank you for this information; it’s exactly what I was looking for ! :grinning:

Hi Overthere,

recently I switched from Google Drive to pCloud. I’m backing up vie webdav to https://ewebdav.pcloud.com which had a hickup so I contacted their support.

The answer I got was:

• They discourage the use of webdav 'cause it isn’t reliable and function depending on serverload

• max recommended filesize is 50MB (while I have successfully backupped with 100MB blocksize yesterday)

• the more stable approach would be using their pdrive-software or their API (https://docs.pcloud.com/)

While researching this on the forum I also read that some users are using rclone in their setup.

So my question now is

• What’s the recommend setup to use Dupliciati with pcloud at the moment?
  • Makes it sense to add a storage-provider in Duplicati using their api?

Thx a lot in advance
Ralf

It might if there are enough Duplicati users using pCloud, but the more difficult thing is finding developer time to implement it. Development resources seem pretty thin these days.

While I don’t use pCloud, I personally don’t have a problem with the WebDAV protocol itself. I use it with my NAS and it’s quite reliable.

webdav works for me with pCloud.

To use reclone with duplicati have a look here and search the forum.
Rclone works for me as well with pCloud, I use it in combination with restic.

Thanks to @T-6 for the rclone idea. That’s one way that (sometimes) backend adds can be avoided.
More discussion below. More code means someone to write it, and maybe someone else to maintain.

Waiting for developer-volunteer time. That’s the limit on Duplicati progress.
To anybody who can contribute help to Duplicati in any way, please chip in.

here is another post that shows how to use rclone in the GUI of Duplicati

1 Like