Google Team Drives Setup

I’ve seen the threads concerning google team drives and it appears this is supposed to work. In fact, under the Advanced Options for googledrive-disable-teamdrive I read:
“This option disables the team drives, showing only files and folders accesible with the account itself”

What does this even mean? I cannot “see” my team drives. I’m asked for a path but I have no idea what to put. Putting “Team Drives/Backups” only results in that path and folders being created under my regular user google drive.

Are there any clear instructions on how setting up a backup to a google team drive is done?

Not yet - mostly because Google Team Drives support is still experimental (as of release 2.0.2.17 canary).

That being said, it was described in this post how an option (--googledrive-disable-teamdrive) was added to hide team drives. What wasn’t mentioned was that it was defaulted to TRUE (hide Team Drives) - likely because of minimal testing.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t figure out how to get even the experimental stuff to work with or without the parameter enabled via the Advanced Options section (remember, that options block changes depending on the Storage Type selected about).

Note that I did not try any of the expanded OAUTH options one can get by:

• copying the link AuthID link on the Destination setup page (it should look something like https://duplicati-oauth-handler.appspot.com/?type=googledrive&token=xxxxxxxxxxx)
  • removing the “type=googledrive&” part of the link (you should have something like https://duplicati-oauth-handler.appspot.com/?token=xxxxxxxxxxx)
  • pasting it into a browser window (giving you a full list of available OATH options including “Google Drive (full access) login” - though I doubt that will help with the Team Drive stuff)

Any suggestions on how we can test Google Team Drive @kenkendk?

FWIW Support Team Drive targets in Google Drive #2515 has recent failure reports, and offers of assistance.

HI, I was wondering is there is any update about this. Thanks for any help. Looking forward to use Duplicati with Google Team Drive.

This was just merged yesterday so should show up in the next Canary release. :slight_smile:

So…, I don’t know what canary releases are. Is that just the latest stable build?

In any case, does this mean that users who are using the regular version of Duplicati now have support for Google Team Drives?

Canary (as in canary-in-a-coal-mine…) are the first release of new code, with new fixes and new bugs. Typically one will run them on a test system (if one is willing to be a tester) but some people do more… Canary can be more stable due to fixes, or less stable due to breakage, but it’s always more unknown.

Beta is as stable as it comes, for now. Experimental’s definition varies, but the latest one is a pre-Beta.

v2.0.4.17-2.0.4.17_canary_2019-04-11

Added support for Google Team Drive, thanks @mukut1994

v2.0.4.22-2.0.4.22_canary_2019-06-30 is current latest, works quite well, but gets you future canary by putting you on Canary release channel (you can change it in Settings to something else, if you prefer).

v2.0.4.21-2.0.4.21_experimental_2019-06-28 is current pre-beta. It has an FTP bug (won’t bother you).
This might be reasonable to try, but once on Canary or Experimental, reverting to 2.0.4.5 may be tough therefore the conservative plan would wait for next feature Beta. 2.0.4.23 is not it (it’s basically 2.0.4.5).

Not quite. Still need to get the Beta out. If you wish, you can try Experimental which seems pretty good. People who are willing to run Experimental (and even more so Canary) are valuable to shake bugs out.

Hi there, I have the same issue… did you find the solution?

Are you running 2.0.5.1 Beta? If so, there is now the following, though I can’t say what to use: