Box.com The requested folder does not exist

When I try to add a backup using box.com i get the error “The requested folder does not exist”

I’m using Duplicati - 2.0.2.1_beta_2017-08-01 on Windows 10 x64

Hi! Thanks for trying out Duplicati!

I have a few questions to ask which can help us help you out:

1. Are you using the “standard” box connection or the Box FTP Server “app”?
  2. What is the “Path on server” that you are trying to use?

Edit: I just ran through the whole setup myself and it worked for me so I went ahead and created a Setting up Box.com #howto guide.

I am using the standard box connection. Apologies I had the Path wrong so the backup starts now.

I do get an error “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” which stops the backup completing though.

Looks the same as Box.com: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error · Issue #2349 · duplicati/duplicati · GitHub

Can you post the full error message here? I want to confirm it’s the same “waitforcomplete” message mentioned in your link.

For the record, my test backup ran with a “The requested file does not exist” message which I’m still diagnosing.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.HandleFilesystemEntry(ISnapshotService snapshot, BackendManager backend, String path, FileAttributes attributes)
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.RunMainOperation(ISnapshotService snapshot, BackendManager backend)
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.Run(String[] sources, IFilter filter)
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass16_0.b__0(BackupResults result)
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T](T result, String[]& paths, IFilter& filter, Action`1 method)
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.Backup(String[] inputsources, IFilter filter)
at Duplicati.Server.Runner.Run(IRunnerData data, Boolean fromQueue)

Thanks - yours looks to me like a different issue than the one in the link.

Are you using the --vss-snapshot-policy setting in any way?

I just accepted the defaults when I set it up. Its currently running again but when it stops I’ll check

I checked the settings and I havent set --vss-snapshot-policy

I also tried setup the backup on another machine Server 2012R2 and got the same error

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.HandleFilesystemEntry(ISnapshotService snapshot, BackendManager backend, String path, FileAttributes attributes) at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.RunMainOperation(ISnapshotService snapshot, BackendManager backend) at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.Run(String[] sources, IFilter filter) at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass16_0.b__0(BackupResults result) at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T](T result, String[]& paths, IFilter& filter, Action`1 method) at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.Backup(String[] inputsources, IFilter filter) at Duplicati.Server.Runner.Run(IRunnerData data, Boolean fromQueue)

The problem is that the error is likely not the right one. The backend crashes with some error related to box.com and instead of sticking with this problem, it goes on and crashes another place, hiding the real error.

I am working on a fix that will reveal what the real error is.

1 Like

Hi,
Is there any update on this issue. I seem to be having the same problem with one of my backups to Box and would like to pin down how and if it can be resolved.
Thanks