The requested folder does not exist with box.com

Yeah - there 4 different logs, which can be confusing to people (but they really are for different parts of the application).

The “Thread was being aborted” message is usually caused by the user cancelling / aborting a backup. Particularly if the “Stop now” button is used instead of the “Stop after upload” button. It’s nothing to worry about.

Again, I suspect this is due to aborting the job with id “1”.

OK - so this seems to be happening as part of the “VerifyRemoteList” process. Were you perhaps getting this error at the END of the job run?

What I’m thinking is that Duplicati is uploading a file (might be find-able in the “Remote” log) to box.com then right away asking “hey, did you get that file I just sent you?”. Then box.com replies with the error “item_name_invalid” (perhaps because it hasn’t finished closing out the file Duplicati just sent) which Duplicati INCORRECTLY interprets as “folder does not exist” (which is kind of what @kenkendk was saying here):

Since you have the WebDAV version working (yay!) I completely understand if you’d prefer to leave things alone, but if you’d like to test something with the API you could try settting --backup-test-samples=0.

--backup-test-samples (default: 1)
After a backup is completed, some files are selected for verification on the remote backend. Use this option to change how many. If this value is set to 0 or the option --no-backend-verification is set, no remote files are verified

If your backup is very new you may have only one or two actual uploaded files in which case Duplicati may be asking do download the file that it JUST uploaded. If that request is happening too quickly for the backend, it could cause a scenario like I described above.

(Oh, and I hope you don’t mind but added “with box.com” to the topic title to make searches easier for others.)