Version 2.0.3.6 - Verifying Back End - Can't Downgrade

Hi all

[Windows Server 2012 R2]

Version 2.0.3.6 isn’t working for me - never gets past ‘Verifying Back End’.

I’m following the instructions to downgrade (removing the update folder) in these steps:

a. C:\ProgramData\Duplicati\updates (most Windows service instances)

b. C:\Users<Duplicati user account>\AppData\Local\Duplicati\updates\ (most Windows user / tray-icon instances)

However, in part b:) I cannot find any Duplicati in the AppData/Local folder.

I am checking the folder in the user account that Duplicati runs from. (The one that runs the backup when I log in).

If I do step a:) without step b:) remove the update - Duplicati just crashes and won’t open. So for now I have copied the 2.0.3.6 update folder back in to ProgramData.

I would really not have to uninstall and re-install it completely. If an update is on the horizon?

Can anyone help?

Many, many thanks.

Mark

Version 2.0.3.7 just came out (maybe even while you were trying to downgrade) so feel free to give that a try and see if it works better for you. You should be able to do a GUI based update…

I guess the steps are aren’t quite clear enough - the a. and b. options are either / or. In this case a. is for if you’re running Duplicati as a service while b. is for if you’re running it with JUST the tray-icon and no Windows service behind it.

So it sounds like you’re doing things correctly (a. but not b.) though I’m not sure why Duplicati would be crashing.

Hi JonMikeIV

I have done the update to 2.0.3.7 and that seems to have fixed the issue. Thank you for your help! Really appreciate it!

Kindest regards

Mark

Glad your “Verifying Back End” issue has been resolved by updating to 2.0.3.7.

Since it sounds like you don’t need to downgrade anymore I’ve gone ahead and flagged your post as the solution - please let me know if you disagree.