V2.0.3.7-2.0.3.7_canary_2018-06-17 - Failed: One or more errors occurred

i get this error after update. My backup works fine with 2.0.3.6. Please advise.

Failed: One or more errors occurred.
Details: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.AggregateException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Duplicati.Library.Snapshots.UsnJournalService.Initialize(IFilter emitFilter, IEnumerable`1 prevJournalData)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.GetJournalService(IEnumerable`1 sources, ISnapshotService snapshot, IFilter filter, Int64 lastfilesetid)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.<RunAsync>d__19.MoveNext()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at CoCoL.ChannelExtensions.WaitForTaskOrThrow(Task task)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass14_0.<Backup>b__0(BackupResults result)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T](T result, String[]& paths, IFilter& filter, Action`1 method)
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.AggregateException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Duplicati.Library.Snapshots.UsnJournalService.Initialize(IFilter emitFilter, IEnumerable`1 prevJournalData)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.GetJournalService(IEnumerable`1 sources, ISnapshotService snapshot, IFilter filter, Int64 lastfilesetid)
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.<RunAsync>d__19.MoveNext()<---

---> (Inner Exception #1) System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Exception: Unable to find log in lookup table, this may be caused by attempting to transport call contexts between AppDomains (eg. with remoting calls)
   at Duplicati.Library.Logging.Log.get_CurrentScope()
   at Duplicati.Library.Logging.Log.WriteMessage(LogMessageType type, String tag, String id, Exception ex, String message, Object[] arguments)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess.<>c.<Run>b__1_3(String rootpath, String errorpath, Exception ex)
   at Duplicati.Library.Utility.Utility.<EnumerateFileSystemEntries>d__23.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.<SelectManyIterator>d__17`2.MoveNext()
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess.<ExpandWorkList>d__4.MoveNext()
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<<Run>b__0>d.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at CoCoL.AutomationExtensions.<RunTask>d__10`1.MoveNext()
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Exception: Unable to find log in lookup table, this may be caused by attempting to transport call contexts between AppDomains (eg. with remoting calls)
   at Duplicati.Library.Logging.Log.get_CurrentScope()
   at Duplicati.Library.Logging.Log.WriteMessage(LogMessageType type, String tag, String id, Exception ex, String message, Object[] arguments)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess.<>c.<Run>b__1_3(String rootpath, String errorpath, Exception ex)
   at Duplicati.Library.Utility.Utility.<EnumerateFileSystemEntries>d__23.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.<SelectManyIterator>d__17`2.MoveNext()
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess.<ExpandWorkList>d__4.MoveNext()
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<<Run>b__0>d.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at CoCoL.AutomationExtensions.<RunTask>d__10`1.MoveNext()<---
<---
<---

Log data:

2018-06-18 15:27:57 +08 - [Error-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler-FatalError]: Fatal error
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

What OS are you running and and what destination are you using?

Are you using a --usn-policy setting other than the default value of off?

--usn-policy
This setting controls the usage of NTFS USN numbers, which allows Duplicati to obtain a list of files and folders much faster. If this is set to “off”, Duplicati will not attempt to use USN. Setting this to “auto” makes Duplicati attempt to use USN, and fail silently if that was not allowed or supported. A setting of “on” will also make Duplicati attempt to use USN, but will produce a warning message in the log if it fails. Setting it to “required” will make Duplicati abort the backup if the USN usage fails. This feature is only supported on Windows and requires administrative privileges.
Default value: “off”

(By the way, I edited your post by adding “~~~” before and after the messages / logs to make them easier to read.)

I’ve started having a very similar error as of this upgrade (just installed today). The backup destination is Google Drive and i have no unusual options enabled.

System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. —> System.AggregateException: Unexpected difference in fileset 1, found 10858 entries, but expected 10860 —> System.Exception: Unexpected difference in fileset 1, found 10858 entries, but expected 10860

Edit: I did a “delete and repair DB” for lack of anything else to do (it’s impossible to get --list-broken-files to work from the GUI it seems, and i don’t know the context required to use it from the DOS prompt). Now when I run a backup job, I get an error result saying “5279 warning(s)”. They all seem to be:

2018-06-19 16:18:06 -04 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileBlockProcessor.FileEntry-UnexpextedMetadataLookup]: Metadata was reported as not changed, but still requires being added?
Hash: 0vZViQPOuzjX3Ji0/Lmh+FVJd4OYCskzO/FGIBE1V9c=, Length: 137, ID: 1208,

I’m not clear what will happen when I run the job again, maybe that’ll go away (hopefully?)

Edit 2: a subsequent run seems to return clean. So I suppose ‘delete and repair DB’ was the correct move in this case.

I looks like this is a failure in the USN implementation, not expecting an empty filter.
You can use either the --usn-policy=off (as @JonMikelV suggest) or add a filter.
I will fix it for the next release.

That is a different issue. Others have reported similar issues, but good to hear that it is now working.

Odd - it works for me with 2.0.3.7 - perhaps you’re using the actual --list-broken-files which treats it like an “Advanced option” when really it should be list-broken-files (no leading dashes) since it’s a command.

I’ve just started a How to list / purge broken files topic, perhaps that can help you out (if you want to try it again).

I use whatever it does when I select the dropdown - I don’t know incredibly much more about it. I’ve also tried it with and without clearing out the “Commandline Arguments” and “Advanced Options”. It always results in:

System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot read keys when either application does not have a console or when console input has been redirected from a file. Try Console.Read.

Ahhh…are you possibly using Linux? I seem to recall reading something about 2.0.3.7 having an issue with console output…

Nope, just a relatively vanilla windows 10 install, and using the latest Duplicati canary version.

Same here - so using the GUI command line as in the image below you get the Console.Read errors? The only thing I can think of is that you’re getting into a different piece of code than I am, possibly due to:

• different destination (Google Drive vs. local)
  • you have existing errors (“difference in fileset”) that I don’t have.

BTW - your UnexpextedMetadataLookup error seems to have been introduced in 2.0.3.6 as discussed here:

I’ve taken a video capture of exactly what I do, sending via PM.