Tray icon Service Mode [WINDOWS*

One thing to test would be something like an install from .msi of 2.0.5.1_beta_2020-01-18, add the branding file, make sure that comes up right, check for updates to autoupdate to 2.0.6.3, check that.

The Program Files version after autoupdate is just a launcher for the new version, and I’d hope that branding the new version doesn’t need the oem-app-name.txt file added to its update folder which undergoes verification and gets ignored if altered. The Program Files folder doesn’t check that way.

If there is actually a service involved here, the which-folder issue gets worse because I think service installer command will do the usual and run the latest version, but point to itself for Windows service.

The good news might be that in that case the update might be treated as the parent process, but as Program Files folder is now ignored, it might no longer be the right place to put the branding name…

If you want to see which folder the process is running from, Task Manager Command line column is possibly enough. If it’s not, Sysinternals Process Explorer can show the actual image path that’s run.

[SOLVED] Is it ok that I see 5 processes of Duplicati in Windows Task manager?
is a process picture of a service install with a tray icon watching it, but some statements might be off.

I don’t know what the plan is for install or update. If things get too weird when Program Files isn’t the actual latest version, this can be fixed by installing from .msi which will means code lives right there.

1 Like