[SOLVED] Losting advanced options when the backup job is changed

If you’re picking these options on Step 2 then yes I’ve seen this.

Workaround: Make the job without the advanced options, save the job. Once saved, edit the job (bringing you back to the same place), this time go straight to Step 5 and you can add the options from there. The menu scrolls quickly and I often jump over the “local folder or drive” options.

There is another post around here somewhere regarding this issue, which is where I found this workaround.

To reproduce: Create a new job, Step 1 options don’t seem to matter. On Step 2 pick a “local folder or drive” option from the “advanced options” menu. I picked alt-dest, gave it a path “*:\MyPath”. Pick a folder in Step 3, doesn’t seem to matter. Step 4, either way scheduled or not. Step 5 click Save.
Reopen the job and the “advanced options” will be missing.
To make things a pinch more confusing, on that initial job creation the “local folder or drive” options only show in Step 2 and they are absent from the “advanced options” list in Step 5. If you save the job and then edit, all works as expected when added from Step 5. Not sure if Step 2 “advanced options” work post save, I just add them via Step 5 now.

Duplicati - 2.0.6.3_beta_2021-06-17

3 Likes