Show which file is currently backuped in the GUI

Yes, this could be confusing for users who don’t know exactly how the mechanism works. Some other thoughts:

• As long as nothing is added to an upload volume, a text like “Scanning files” or “Analyzing files” could be displayed. If a file is changed since the last backup, this text could be replaced with “Processing X:\Folder\Filename.ext” while adding changed blocks to the upload volume. Backdraw is that 99.99% of the time the “Scanning files” text is displayed and a fraction of a second a changed file appears. This would hardly be an improvement, because you don’t have the time to read which file is processed and have no clue which files and folders have been processed and which not.
  • As far as I know, there is no particular order files and folders are being processed. The first folder that is listed by the OS is the first folder that is processed by Duplicati. There is no indication how far the backup is completed.
  • The status bar should be kept as clean as possible. Originally, only the number of files and MB’s were displayed in the status bar. Adding upload speed sounds useful, so that info is added. Adding the current file that is processed is also interesting, but what if others would like to see the total amount of uploaded data, the time that the backup is running etc.? The status bar will become more and more stuffed with info, it’s not what it’s intended for. I think it’s better to wait for a detailed status window. As far as I know it’s a planned feature.