I’m afraid I’ll have to add another topic about problems with repair (I’ll add some others at the end of the post for reference).
I have not been very successful so far in getting duplicati to work for me. Recently, I number of possible sources of problems have been eliminated, including
- changing from ACD to pcloud as a backend
- setting up an entirely new backup job
- installing 188.8.131.52_experimental_2018-01-03
But not even even the initial backup of 9-10 GB completed. It just throws the usual error:
error whilst running , found 243 files that are missing from the remote storage, please run repair.
I don’t understand how hundreds of files can repeatedly “disappear” from the storage, across different backup jobs and storage backends. I’m suspecting that they are not missing but duplicati falsely believes it has uploaded them. But that’s another issue that I don’t intend to discuss here.
So when I then do run repair, it seems to freeze, sooner or later. The progress bar is stuck and there are no more new entries in the logs. Same thing for two different backup jobs, run independently of each other several days apart:
I say “it seems” for two reasons:
- The Duplicati.Server process still continuously uses about 15-17% CPU so it might still be doing something, but I doubt it since there is neither disk nor network activity:
- I only waited a bit over 24 hours before I killed the process, so I can’t say what would have happened if I waited, say, a week.
I guess the next step is “delete and recreate”?
For anyone with repair problems which don’t match mine, here are some other relevant topics: