Release: 2.0.4.17 (canary) 2019-04-11

2.0.4.17-2.0.4.17_canary_2019-04-11

• Improved code quality, thanks @warwickmm
  • Fixed an issue where index files were not generated, thanks @seantempleton
  • Masked password fields in UI, thanks @drwtsn32x
  • Added fr_CA translation and updated fr translation, thanks @flafleur
  • Improved default exclude filters to catch Chrome file on Mac/Linux, thanks @flafleur
  • Added support for Google Team Drive, thanks @mukut1994
  • Fixed random database names being numeric
  • Corrected description for approving self-signed certificates, thanks @flafleur
  • Click on balloon tip on Windows now opens the browser, thanks @flafleur
  • Fixed an error that prevented bug report databases from being created, thanls @pectojin
  • Fixed documentation for buffer sizes, thanks @jonmikeiv
  • Fixed an issue where an upload error would not be reported, thanks @warwickmm
  • Improved documentation, thanks @space-alien
  • Fixed captcha generating out-of-bounds characters, thanks @oslerw
4 Likes

Thanks for including this because I became a victim of the results - have applied it to all systems but I still have one that’s so far taken over a week to rebuild the files.

Anything in this release that might fix the database recreation performance bug identified here:

?

This “bug/feature” should be priority one.
I cheked with other machines and other backups, it takes ALWAYS this long. It’s not a bug just 10 people encounter, the people not encountering it either have no database losses or didn’t find their way over here…

That one was my problem, too.
Glad it is sorted out, now things are running better again, thanks!

Hi @nibblerrick, welcome to the forum!

Thanks for letting us know this update fixed an issue you were having. :slight_smile:

I have two backups (one local, one remote) of the same data on my Linux server. Today I needed to recover a directory but both failed with a bunch of:

"2019-04-22 12:52:52 -07 - [Error-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.RestoreHandler-PatchingFailed]: Failed to patch with remote file: \"duplicati-b16b38ca56bea4548a3a7431e2140d3e9.dblock.zip.aes\", message: Failed to decrypt data (invalid passphrase?): Invalid password or corrupted data"

Zero files were restored.

These backups have been running without errors for a long time. I tried verifying both, and there was not issues reported.

I’m at a loss at this point.

Thanks.

Any help with this would be appreciated, I still can’t restore anything.

@JonMikelV can you help?

I was thinking maybe it was an actual password problem, so I downloaded one of the aes archives, and had no problems decrypting using AESCrypt.

Sorry - not sure why your tag didn’t ping me until today…

If you haven’t gotten them restored yet, how are you doing the restore - GUI, direct from destination, GUI command line, or actual command line?

Among other things, it’s possible your password has some character that’s causing issues with escaping.

Oh, and I’m assuming Duplicati is running ON the Linux server (not in a Docker or a NAS somewhere).

I’m doing it from the web GUI; reading some of the GitHub and comments here, looks like I’m not the only that is having that kind of issue. Some people are reporting that it is working when using the command line. I’ll have to try.

As far as the password, that’s highly likely. It’s about 32 characters long and has just about every character imaginable in it. :wink: But as previously mentioned I had no problems manually decrypting the archive.

You are correct, running on a CentOS 7.6.1810 server.