Recover one files from AWS Glacier

RecoveryTool is maximal dblock downloading because there are no dindex files to give dblock content.
Regular Duplicati CLI or GUI is minimal, except for database recreate when it needs to go searching…

Regular Duplicati CLI or GUI is very easy. RecoveryTool documentation shows it can do only --exclude.
I did attempt an --include even though it’s not documented. It works sometimes but didn’t seem to here.

Do you do regular expressions well? I think one can do patterns to match everything except those files.

Since they’re already on a drive, you can see how healthy DB recreation is (for now – future may differ) using something like Direct restore from backup files to see if it can build its partial temporary database without resorting to dblock downloads which will fail because those files are not on the drive. It’s a test.

Alternatively (an even better test in a way), make a dummy job in Duplicati that never does backup but exists solely to see if database recreate from drive works. Without existing DB, that uses Repair button.
Open the DB and inspect as described, or use SQL query. I have a draft, but don’t really do much SQL.

This seems by far to be the easy way as long as DB recreate works. If not, the options aren’t very good.
Unless you are seeing some tool that’s giving what look like relevant dblock names, it’s lots of digging…

The index.txt file looks like it keeps the indirection block (known as a blocklist) in its original form, which identifies the blocks of their file by their block hash. So one needs to get the blocklist, then go through it.

Another option is to see if you can alter the Independent restore program to help here. It’s in Python.

EDIT: