Problem with OneDrive on Synology NAS

Hello,

I am currently trying Duplicati and encountered the following problem:

I installed Duplicati on my Synology NAS and (after adding the admin-user to the HTTP group) it seem to run. However, when I try to use my OneDrive storage, I get an AuthID without problem but this ID is then rejected Error: TrustFailure (The authentication or decryption has failed.)
when to the connection check. The failure is the same, every time I add a new AuthID.

If I do exactly the same thing with Duplicati installed on my Win10 Desktop, it works without problems. So I think everything is fine with the OneDrive service as such.

Any Idea what could be the problem on the NAS or how to troubleshoot this failure?

regards
Michael

Update: after digging further, I noticed that this is a Mono TLS/SSL Issue.

Adding Certificates as described in

solved the problem

Good catch! I just realized that the Mono package was recently updated on my NAS and it apparently deleted the certificates I’d downloaded.

1 Like

Ugh - that’s not good news. Do you happen to recall what version you were on and to what version you got updated? If mono updates potentially wipe cert updates needed for Duplicati that might bump up the priority of seeing if we can have Duplicati check for them directly…

I upgraded from Mono 4.6.2-0095 to Mono 4.6.2-0096, however maybe it was my upgrade to DSM 6.1.6-15266. From the synopkg.log it looks like the Mono upgrade process runs /bin/rm -rf /volume1/@appstore/Mono, but since the certificates are stored in /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt maybe the DSM upgrade did it. I’ll take a closer look at it after my next upgrade.