OAuth Issues affecting multiple storage providers

OK. Deleted everything, and modified docker-compose.yaml to pull from /duplicati/duplicati:latest.

Same exact behavior. So it’s not the distribution, for sure.

With this distribution, the duplicati-cli command works, and my attempt to take the command-line version of the backup and run it (after retrieving a token from Google) returns this error:

Mono.Data.Sqlite.SqliteException (0x80004005): The database file is locked

database is locked

This is the command line:

mono /opt/duplicati/Duplicati.CommandLine.exe backup "googledrive://Docker?authid=<<authID removed from here>>" /source/ --backup-name=Docker --dbpath=/data/Duplicati/FTGJTWYKHQ.sqlite --encryption-module= --compression-module=zip --dblock-size=50mb --keep-time=1M --no-encryption=true --disable-module=console-password-input --exclude="/source/@eaDir/"

Thanks! – Ken

What else (if anything) is running in terms of Duplicati (e.g. run ps), and (if Duplicati) Duplicati jobs?
Is that command line an Export As Command-line of a job there, or created in some other manner?
Single Duplicati has few ways to trip on itself, but multiple Duplicati can definitely collide in a job DB.

While awaiting the clarification for the database situation, I’ll suggest just testing for an OAuth issue.

mono /opt/duplicati/Duplicati.CommandLine.BackendTool.exe list "googledrive://Docker?authid=<<authID removed from here>>"

Duplicati.CommandLine.BackendTool.exe

EDIT:

Actually, you could test with a completely incorrect AuthID (such as the placeholder above) to look for:

Command failed: Failed to authorize using the OAuth service: Invalid authid in query. If the problem persists, try generating a new authid token from: Duplicati OAuth Handler

because that would mean DNS got as far as the server, and probably got a syntax error without more.

Thanks for all the help. I finally realized that it has to be something configured incorrectly on the Synology NAS device, as this works fine when run from Docker elsewhere. Given that I’m going to get a new device next year (this one is five years old) and the Synology itself has built-in backup to Google Drive, I’m going to stop wasting your time on this until I get a clean, new, NAS device. Just not worth you’re taking all this time when I’m pretty sure it’s a problem here, not with Duplicati (which works just perfectly backing up from one NAS to another, which is how I ended up setting it up). Thanks again, and hopefully, with a new NAS, Duplicati/Docker will work great. Back next year… Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,
I am getting "Failed to connect: Failed to authorize using the OAuth service: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection timed out). If the problem persists, try generating a new authid token from: Duplicati OAuth Handler "

I did create a new token and I keep getting the same error.
Duplicati is running in a docker container.
Any help will be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum @dkeruza-neo

Seemingly successfully I guess? Did you try it with the AuthID button on the Destination screen, or from another browser window as the message suggests, but then you’d have to manually transcribe AuthID?

When?

What Docker image? There are many. Has this ever worked? Any limitations on container network?
Some images might have enough networking tools that you can see if you can get out. I don’t know what’s in your image, but common tools would include ping, telnet, or nc. Best one is if it has curl…

Hi,
Thanks for the prompt answer.

I did use the AuthID button and also from a different browser.

I pulled the image with docker-compose using

duplicati:
    image: lscr.io/linuxserver/duplicati:latest
    container_name: duplicati
    environment:
      - PUID=1000
      - PGID=1000
      - TZ=Etc/UTC
      - CLI_ARGS= #optional
    volumes:
      - /opt/duplicati/appdata/config:/config
      - /opt/duplicati/backups:/backups
      - /opt:/source
    ports:
      - 8200:8200
    restart: unless-stopped

I just checked and there is no ping, telnet or nc, but curl is present and you are right, I cannot access the internet from within the container.
I have to check why is that. Might be the firewall.
I will report back.

Thanks

Well, after 3 days of investigating, I came to the conclusion that when I installed docker in my home server, it didn’t create the iptables rules.
To solve the issue, I uninstalled and removed all traces of docker from my systems, and reinstalled it.
Now, everything is working.
No clue what caused it, but if anyone runs into the same issue, here is the solution.

1 Like