“No filelist found on the remote destination”

Hi, I had a similar problem. All of my backups to AWS S3 were working fine except for one that kept failing with "No filelist found on the remote destination”. Here is what I think happened and how I managed to resolve the problem:

1. I started the backup. After it finished, the *.dlist.zip.aes file was missing at the destination. I don’t remember how I got into this state, but it is possible that I tried to pause or stop the backup at some point and restarted it later.
  2. Based on advice in this thread, I created a dummy backup with a single file, and after it finished, I copied the dlist file from the dummy backup to the failing backup.
  3. I tried repair on the backup database. This didn’t help, I got the “Detected non-empty blocksets with no associated blocks” error.
  4. Recreated the database.
  5. Ran the backup. It got stuck at the end - the progress bar was showing two files remaining, Duplicati was consuming one CPU core, but I stopped the backup after three days of no visible progress.
  6. Ran the backup again. This time it suceeded, yay :).

Duplicati version: initial backup created with 2.0.4.29, finished with 2.0.4.31.