Ignore locked files

When I do backup, I always get a bunch of warnings like this:

2018-08-09 08:00:39 -07 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileBlockProcessor.FileEntry-PathProcessingFailed]: Failed to process path: D:\foobar2000\running, 

I understand I can use --snapshot-policy=on to take snapshot to avoid the warning, but what I really want is to simply ignore these locked files. There is no use to backup these locked file.

Is it possible to achieve this in the current 2.0.3.9 canary version?

Metadata was reported as not changed, but still requires being added?

Put these locked files as Exclusion in backup config.
User has to be notified if some of files he want to be backed-up has some problems - ignoring is not good approach.

But there are already options to ignore hidden or system files. If I have many applications running at the time of backup, user has to exclude 100+ paths, many of which are randomly generated. It is not good user experience. Plus user made the choice to ignore them. If any, put these file in INFO level, not WARNING.

I know there is the “filter group” concept: Filters - Duplicati 2 User’s Manual . Is it possible to add “Locked files” to this list?

Probably, the question is whether most users can be trusted to understand the repercussions of using it.

By adding “Locked files” to either the “Exclude filter group” or the older “Exclude” check boxes (see below) we run the risk of a user’s files not being backed up because they’re locked (potentially without the user even realizing it) at which point Duplicati is accused of not backing things up.

I don’t dislike the suggestion - I’m just worried it has to be handled differently (more warnings, confirmations, logging, etc.) than other exclude filter types.