Metadata was reported as not changed, but still requires being added?

To avoid making people find 3rd party tools, Duplicati could provide an option to range-limit times in backups, under the theory that backup with range-limited times are better than leaving such files totally without backup, however burying the problem for all future cases may invite bad results, and tracking sign-off on specific files and issues isn’t done yet (I believe). In the special case of file times though, possibly storing the smallest and largest possible times could be used as a specific marker to suppress complaints for “fixed” files (think of it as infinity). Users could then turn the option off to see if any more files show up whose times need similar range-limiting. For odd historical accidents, all will be quiet. For ongoing problems, go have a talk with the file maker.

I’d note there’s discussion about locked files here, including concerns of under-notifying for all cases, forever. One can also see the slippery-slope problem possible if Duplicati gets too helpful with tracking file time fixes…

While I’m commenting, the option-induced and time-induced reports appear understood. What of the random?