How to completely remove duplicati from Windows Server 2012?

How do I completely remove duplicati? And why is so difficult to find uninstall instructions? Why isn’t there a section in the docs covering this?

Please refer to How to uninstall / remove Duplicati once it is updated.

It’s difficult to find them probably because nobody has written them yet.

There isn’t a section in the docs covering this because of the previous reason.

If you don’t want to wait for the generic #howto guide to be worked on, then please provide details about your installation such as whether it’s as service, using portable mode, or tray-icon only.

1 Like

I just downloaded Windows 2.0.3.3 from the webpage and ran the install program. I just took all the defaults. It didn’t ask me if I wanted it installed as a service that I noticed, so I have no idea.

I do not have any service installed or run that’s called either “Duplicati” or has a name starting with “Duplicati” - is there another name I should be looking for?

There is a duplicati icon in the system tray with the following options: open, pause, quit.

This is installed on Windows Server 2012 R2.

When users login, it is opening “localhost:8300/ngax/index.html” on login in the default web browser.

The tray icon is also launching for multiple users. I’ve checked the startup folder on the admin account and my own account but I don’t see anything there on either account. When installing I indicated that this is a multi-user system and I wanted to create a password. I can’t figure out where the system tray icon gets launched automatically from.

Thanks.

Update: I discovered that the system tray icon is laucnhing from here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup rather than the startup folder of the user or admin account used to install Duplicati (accessed with shell:startup ( C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup)).

Is it correct that I all have to do now is delete C:\Program Files\Duplicati 2?

Or is there still a service I need to check for that’s called something other than “Duplicati 2” or starts with “Duplicati”?

There is no service by default so just using the normal Windows Uninstall feature in Applications should remove all of it except a few folders.

Check for any C:\Users<acct>\AppData\local\Duplicati folders. These can be deleted (along with their contents) assuming you don’t have any backups or settings you want to keep.

You may also find a C:\ProgramData\Duplicati folder if any updates have been installed. This, too, can be deleted.

Note that depending on your system configuration you may find the above folders in \Roaming\ instead of \Local.

If you had installed it as a service you’d want to delete the C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Duplicati folder if one exists.

1 Like

Thanks for your help. That did it.