Has anybody successfully installed Duplicati on Almalinux or Rocky Linux?

I haven’t heard that EPEL has added libappindicator. If not, it’s still a workaround of some sort, maybe an install from .zip file and hand-assemble the systemd parts (or whatever). It’s not super difficult, and there possibly is a post on it somewhere. You won’t have a tray icon, but that might not matter to some people.

Other workarounds:

sounds like

but I’ve seen web posts saying this sort of thing can lead to big issues, and I have little opinion myself, beyond that some posts might be talking about big things, but here it “might” be just Duplicati affected.

It might come down to either more expert opinion, or someone willing to see what happens if they test.

There’s another recent avenue, which is that the libappindicator issue is being removed by removing it. There’s a newer way to do an indicator (which isn’t really essential, but the package doesn’t know that):

Canary builds aren’t for production either, but there are testers willing to run them. Feedback on it helps.
There seems to be a gaping hole in the Linux feedback on the debug channel early preview. Any takers?

Lack of tests on a wide range of OS and storage destinations is worrisome.

is the way I put it. Tests on Debian-based distros might be more likely. Anyone want to try an RPM now?
Further releases will likely be announced, but if nobody tests and finds bugs, they might not differ much.