Failed: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden Google Drive

It’s definitely a better display of errors as it’s returning the error information that Google Drive responds with so you have some hope of correcting the issue. It’s not a general HTTP helper as it is applied slightly differently in different circumstances. Also once errors have been detected then developers will be able to code solutions to mitigate the error as I did when Google Drive tells me that the particular file contains spam or malware.

Thank you for the information on how to get the files back from Duplicati. On reading the doco they’d like me to fork the Master branch, I can then just comment, commit and push my changes into the fork for someone to include in a Canary release when they get to it. FYI, a Canary release was created yesterday, hopefully another will be created soon after I push my changes.

Before I went to bed last night I thought I should probably include my work across all web methods. I have now been through all the web methods of the Google services and added the improved logging. That should give you the information you need when you next get an error. After you get an error message then we can work together to determine the cause and fix the code if needed.