Failed: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden Google Drive

Welcome to the forum @superjacktr

There are various passwords, e.g. the GUI can have one. Are you talking about the one on backup data?

I have this because I don’t trust Google (and whoever can make them hand over their data) all that much.
Other people might care less. It’s an interesting finding, but my finding is I get the 403s kind of at random.
Thanks for the suggestion, and time will tell whether it keeps working for you (and I’m not at all sure how).

is one of mine where Google Drive 403 retries exhausted my retry limit. I think Duplicati puts up with this pretty well in the main backup, but the compact that might run later doesn’t seem to like any sort of error.

Anybody who has a reliable way of getting the 403 (e.g. from a test backup designed to troubleshoot this) could help the project a lot by writing up reliable steps to reproduce, and filing it as an Issue to be chased.

I’ve sometimes wondered if the 403 error is tied in with an OAuth 2 access token that Google has expired.
Access Token Lifetime gives the concepts. How we get along with OAuth says how Duplicati handles this.

When I first saw this response, I thought it was to a currently active topic which was seeing the 403 errors.