Failed Backup with id: 3 (Missing Files)

Hi there!

I reconfigured all of my backups after I switched to another OneDrive for Business account. While uploading all my files, the backup job somehow stopped in the middle of the process. Upon restarting, it says it is missing 5001 files on the remote storage (error message see below). Checking my od4b account though, all 5001 files are still there. I didn’t change any settings after the backup stopped, including the upload path. Running repair also wouldn’t work.

Am I missing something, or is it broken?
Thanks!

Duplicati.Library.Interface.UserInformationException: Found 5001 files that are missing from the remote storage, please run repair at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor.VerifyRemoteList (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend, Duplicati.Library.Main.Options options, Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalDatabase database, IBackendWriter log, System.String protectedfile) <0x40f5fa30 + 0x0077b> in <filename unknown>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.PreBackupVerify (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend, System.String protectedfile) <0x40f5f420 + 0x00183> in <filename unknown>:0 — End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown — at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () <0x40e9c140 + 0x00033> in <filename unknown>:0 at CoCoL.ChannelExtensions.WaitForTaskOrThrow (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) <0x40d49c50 + 0x000de> in <filename unknown>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.Run (System.String sources, IFilter filter) <0x40f1c520 + 0x0001f> in <filename unknown>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller+<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<Backup>b__0 (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackupResults result) <0x40f19960 + 0x000af> in <filename unknown>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T] (Duplicati.Library.Main.T result, System.String& paths, IFilter& filter, System.Action`1 method) <0x40f08260 + 0x00597> in <filename unknown>:0

Hello @jdavidl12 and welcome to the forum!

‘No files were found at the remote location’ using Onedrive for business describes an infamous Microsoft limit at 5000 files that you might have hit. Feel free to run your own research, but at least the article above solved the issue by switching from OneDrive to OneDrive v2 (Duplicati types) to use the newer Microsoft Graph API. Specifically it looks like Microsoft OneDrive v2 (Microsoft Graph API) is what might help this…

… but if it doesn’t, then Db rebuild with rclone od4b doesn’t work is a success using Rclone storage type.

Duplicati.CommandLine.BackendTool.exe running a list operation (avoid any which may change things) would be one way to see what the actual backup is seeing. You might even carefully move the 5001st file elsewhere to see if the view improves, then move it back to avoid Duplicati missing it after bypassing the list view limit. You can get the Target URL for the command below from the job’s Commandline or Export.

C:\Program Files\Duplicati 2>Duplicati.CommandLine.BackendTool.exe help
Usage: <command> <protocol>://<username>:<password>@<path> [filename]
Example: LIST ftp://user:pass@server/folder

Supported backends: aftp,amzcd,azure,b2,box,cloudfiles,dropbox,file,ftp,googledrive,gcs,hubic,jottacloud,mega,msgroup,onedrive,onedrivev2,sharepoint,openstack,rclone,s3,od4b,mssp,sia,ssh,tahoe,webdav
Supported commands: GET PUT LIST DELETE CREATEFOLDER

C:\Program Files\Duplicati 2>

I’m not sure what shape the first stopped backup and subsequent repair left things in (got extra logs by any chance?), but a reasonable first step to try seems to make sure Duplicati can see all your destination files.

1 Like

Changing the backup destination to OneDrive v2 instead of OneDrive for Business fixed the problem. Thanks!

1 Like