Error while running Client Info

Hi

One of my nightly backups has been failing with the errors pasted below and I"m not sure how to diagnose where the problem is.

Yesterday, I deleted the database and manually ran the backup thereafter, which completed without errors. But the scheduled backup once again through out the errors.

Error while running Client Info
Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.

And from the logs:

Fatal error
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager.List()
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor.RemoteListAnalysis(BackendManager backend, Options options, LocalDatabase database, IBackendWriter log, String protectedfile)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor.VerifyRemoteList(BackendManager backend, Options options, LocalDatabase database, IBackendWriter log, String protectedfile)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.PostBackupVerification()
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.Run(String[] sources, IFilter filter)

Any ideas?

tks

I edited your post to improve the formating. (Just added ~~~ before and after the output you pasted, see here for details).

1 Like

This happens when the server returns HTML/XML instead of JSON.
It usually happens when the server returns an error message instead of the response.

What storage provider are you using?

Thanks, will note for future posts!

I’m using Hubic… I have 4 separate backups running at different times, all to Hubic. It’s only the one that’s failing though. I’ve been playing around, and I’ve not noticed that if I run the backup manually, it completes without any errors. Only the daily scheduled backup is failing… Odd… I’m going to completely delete and reconfigure and see if that fixes it, will let you know…

tks.

I think I have seen the same error reported from another Hubic user, and he said something like “the problem went away”.

I think I might have found the problem… When I edited the failing backup, I received the same error when clicking the “Test Connection” to Hubic. I got a new auth code and problem resolved… Could it be there was a character in the original auth code that caused this? The only odd character I could see in the original auth code was an exclamation mark (!) which none of the other auth codes had…

SO all working fine now, thanks for a great backup solution…

I don’t think this is an issue, but maybe there are problems with the OAuth tokens expiring on Hubic. If a new OAuth token solves it, then there is some issue there.