Duplicati service won't start after duplicati update on windows 7

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I had v2.0.2.1 running as a windows service. Every thing was working great except a small issue with email notifications not being sent for only one backup. I tried upgrading to the latest canary to see if the email issue was fixed in a newer version. After updating the Duplicati service shows an error and I can’t get Duplicati to show in the browser anymore. I decided to try uninstalling and removing all Duplicati folders and reinstalling to start over with the original version. Now no matter what version I try I can’t get the service to reinstall again without error.

I also tried manually removing the service with
sc delete Duplicati
which successfully removed the service.
Then after reinstalling Duplicati I ran this command to install the service and got the following.

C:\Windows\system32>c:"Program Files""Duplicati 2"\Duplicati.WindowsService.ex
e install --webservice-interface=loopback --webservice-port=8200 --portable

Running a transacted installation.

Beginning the Install phase of the installation.
See the contents of the log file for the c:\Program Files\Duplicati 2\Duplicati.
WindowsService.exe assembly’s progress.
The file is located at c:\Program Files\Duplicati 2\Duplicati.WindowsService.Ins
tallLog.
Installing assembly ‘c:\Program Files\Duplicati 2\Duplicati.WindowsService.exe’.

Affected parameters are:
logtoconsole =
assemblypath = c:\Program Files\Duplicati 2\Duplicati.WindowsService.exe
logfile = c:\Program Files\Duplicati 2\Duplicati.WindowsService.InstallLog
commandline = “–webservice-interface=loopback” “–webservice-port=8200” --po
rtable
Installing service Duplicati…
Service Duplicati has been successfully installed.
Creating EventLog source Duplicati in log Application…

The Install phase completed successfully, and the Commit phase is beginning.
See the contents of the log file for the c:\Program Files\Duplicati 2\Duplicati.
WindowsService.exe assembly’s progress.
The file is located at c:\Program Files\Duplicati 2\Duplicati.WindowsService.Ins
tallLog.
Committing assembly ‘c:\Program Files\Duplicati 2\Duplicati.WindowsService.exe’.

Affected parameters are:
logtoconsole =
assemblypath = c:\Program Files\Duplicati 2\Duplicati.WindowsService.exe
logfile = c:\Program Files\Duplicati 2\Duplicati.WindowsService.InstallLog
commandline = “–webservice-interface=loopback” “–webservice-port=8200” --po
rtable

The Commit phase completed successfully.

The transacted install has completed.

Unhandled Exception: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. —

System.IO.IOException: Not enough storage is available to process this command

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.__ConsoleStream.Read(Byte buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.Stream.<>c.b__39_0(Object )
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task1.InnerInvoke() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNot ification(Task task) at System.IO.Stream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory1.FromAsyncTrimPromise1.Complete(TInst ance thisRef, Func3 endMethod, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Boolean requiresSynchr
onization)
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNot
ification(Task task)
at System.IO.Stream.d__27.MoveNext()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceled
Exceptions)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationTo
ken cancellationToken)
at Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.UpdaterManager.RunFromMostRecentSpawn(Method
Info method, String cmdargs, AutoUpdateStrategy defaultstrategy)
at Duplicati.WindowsService.Program.Main(String args)

C:\Windows\system32>

Also getting this now in event viewer:

Application: Duplicati.WindowsService.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.IOException
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
at System.IO.__ConsoleStream.Read(Byte, Int32, Int32)
at System.IO.Stream+<>c.b__39_0(System.Object)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task1[[System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].InnerInvoke() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute() at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task) at System.IO.Stream.EndRead(System.IAsyncResult) at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory1+FromAsyncTrimPromise1[[System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Complete(System.__Canon, System.Func3<System.__Canon,System.IAsyncResult,Int32>, System.IAsyncResult, Boolean)
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
at System.IO.Stream+d__27.MoveNext()

Exception Info: System.AggregateException
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32, System.Threading.CancellationToken)
at Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.UpdaterManager.RunFromMostRecentSpawn(System.Reflection.MethodInfo, System.String, Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.AutoUpdateStrategy)
at Duplicati.WindowsService.Program.Main(System.String)

I see this error but not sure were it is referring to as the computer and network drives all have lots of room free.

Not enough storage is available to process this command

I also tried doing a repair install of dotNet and Visual C++ 2015 redist package. Any help would be appreciated. btw great work you guys are doing here! Thanks.

Hello @nsuro, welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you may be running into the same issue mentioned here (also on Windows 7):

The bad news (for you) is that their issue self-resolved so we don’t know why it started working for them.

Sorry if I missed it in your post, but are you able to run the tray-icon server without the service? Note that this is just a test, not a suggested solution - and don’t be surprised if it works but you don’t see any of your old backups / settings, that’s to be expected.

Sorry took a while to find time to have a closer look. Thanks for the suggestions. I seem to have resolved the issue. Duplicati would run normally from the system tray-icon with out the service but would not run as a service. I tried everything like removing Duplicati files and folders. And reinstalling all software. Nothing worked. I decided after uninstalling Duplicati and removing the service to search for the registry for any mention of Dupicati and deleting those entries. After a reboot and reinstalling Duplicati and its service it worked! I took a backup of the registry and might be able to list the entries if anyone thinks it will help but doesn’t look like it a common problem.

Thanks for getting back to us with what worked for you!

Yes - as far as I know this isn’t a common issue, but I went ahead and flagged your previous post as a the solution anyway. If somebody else runs into this then maybe trying some of the steps that worked for you will help them out. :+1:

Olá pessoal, não estou conseguindo ativar o duplicati.service depois que meu servidor reiniciou. Será que alguém pode me ajudar?

Eu o instalei no Debian 9.8, a versão da ferramenta é a 2.0.5.1.