Duplicati-monitoring.com - central monitoring of multiple Duplicati instances + nice email reports

@crazy4chrissi, could duplicati monitoring be updated to include the backup name in the report? I have some machines with multiple backups, but the monitoring tool just lumps them all together in the “backup set” with no way to distinguish between them.

msedge_wYlpbEVF8o

I did some testing, and duplicati reports the name in the first line of the message: Duplicati Backup report for MultiMC, so thinking it should be possible to parse out?

Create one backup set for each backup configured in duplicati - not per machine. You can group backup sets in groups and have one group per machine.

1 Like

Ohhh, I see. I was setting the send-http-url in Duplicati’s main default settings. Didn’t know it could be set in each backup config. Makes sense now.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a way to mass delete reports. I see no reason for you to keep storing all of these old reports and it’s a huge pain to delete 1 by 1

Currently the only way to mass delete is to delete a whole backup set, which will delete all associated backup reports, and recreate it if necesary. We clean up old backup reports globally once a year. We have not done this yet this year, but it is a good reminder :wink: Probably we will delete reports from 2021 soon.

1 Like

I used the Tool “MouseRecorder” for this task :wink: Recorded a delete with mouse clicks and then replayed it. Not nice but worked.

@crazy4chrissi sent an email as per the website regarding an issue I’m having and heard nothing back, are you able to follow-up?

Good day, to keep this short: would it be possible to sort the email report to show groups with issues in them first? So I have many duplicati backups that run, 90% has no issue but when the report subject says there are 3 errors, I have to scroll all the way down, then click the “show full message” link at the bottom of gmail (since email is to long for gmail) then scroll down again since Murphy’s law dictates it will always be the last one in the list that fails.

Would be nice if the ones with issues were at the top of the list.

PS. These email subject lines inspired me to improve my automated email report subject lines in my dev career. The best automated email report subjects that I’ve seen. You know whether there are issues without even opening the mail! Briliant!

Hi, We’ve not received the daily reporting emails for a few days now, is anyone else having the same issue?

Same. Last one I received was on March 16.

@crazy4chrissi

Me too, didn’t receive an email report since few days

Hello,
The last regular mail I received with the same usual time delivery was on March 16th.
Then no mail until March 19th, but the time delivery was 9 hours earlier than usual…
And then, no mail since :slightly_frowning_face:

But duplicati-monitoring.com is showing the reports for everyday.

It would be great if this solution could be open sourced to be self-hosted…

Unfortunately for me too. Since March 16th there have been no more report mails. The PayPal donation link no longer works either. An email to: mail@duplicati-monitoring.com also came back with an error message:

mail@duplicati-monitoring.com: user unknown. command output:
lda(mail@duplicati-monitoring.com,)Error:
net_connect_unix(/var/run/dovecot/stats-writer) failed: Permission denied

I hope not that the programmer stopped the project completely.

Is there a way to host this project yourself? I would like to keep using it!

Best regards

Sorry for the late reply and fixes. We updated the server and moved to another antispam-server and some stuff was broken unnoticed.

Everything should be fixed now.

3 Likes

Hello,

I’ve just received a mail again :slightly_smiling_face:
It looks like it is working again.

Regards

Everything is very cool yet I must mad a donation :slight_smile:

No worries ! Thank you for your work, again !

:pray:

Hello, thank you for the information!

Question:
Did you change the SSL/TLS version when you updated your server?
For some older clients (Windows7/ Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2) we see last report 18.3.2023 and since then nothing.

Duplicati now log this when when trying to send a report:

Failed to send message: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
{"ClassName":"System.Net.WebException","Message":"The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.","Data":null,"InnerException":null,"HelpURL":null,"StackTraceString":"   at Duplicati.Library.Modules.Builtin.SendHttpMessage.SendMessage(String subject, String body)\r\n   at Duplicati.Library.Modules.Builtin.ReportHelper.OnFinish(Object result)","RemoteStackTraceString":null,"RemoteStackIndex":0,"ExceptionMethod":"8\nSendMessage\nDuplicati.Library.Modules.Builtin, Version=2.0.5.110, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null\nDuplicati.Library.Modules.Builtin.SendHttpMessage\nVoid SendMessage(System.String, System.String)","HResult":-2146233079,"Source":"Duplicati.Library.Modules.Builtin","WatsonBuckets":null}

Which looks like a problem with TLS 1.2

So I would like to ask what change happened on your side before I start looking for a solution (activate TLS 1.2 on the old OS or create some reverse proxy…)
Thanks!

Hello,

I’m having the same issue, windows 2008 and 2011. The only thing I’ve noticed is that the certificate of the site was issued on the 19th of march. Hope this helps.

Greetings

1 Like

Hi,
we did not disable TLS 1.0 manually, but according to SSL Server Test: duplicati-monitoring.com (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs) it seems disabled. Probably the updated webserver does not support it anymore. So it really seems to be the problem if your client does not support TLS 1.2.

Maybe it is time to update the outdated OS? :wink: I am sorry, but we won’t downgrade the webserver to support outdated operating systems.

1 Like