Duplicati-monitoring.com - central monitoring of multiple Duplicati instances + nice email reports

Duplicati monitoring groups backup sets, i.e. lists one group after another. The group is given as a heading. Why do you need it additionally as a column?

in ā€œBackup Reportsā€ page (https://www.duplicati-monitoring.com/backupreport) you can see backup set names. What happen when there are 2 backup set named ā€œDocumentsā€? you dont know the group (computer) it belongs.
Also would be nice to order that list (using groups) or even filter by group

Ah, sorry, now I got your point. True, that would be useful.

We just added a group column in the backup reports list. Thanks @egrueda for the suggestion.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Itā€™s really useful at least for me :slight_smile:

Very useful indeed, thanks!

I have 2 small requests, I guess both are quite easy to implement:

• Let the GUI remember how many items are listed on a page (or specify it in the Profile settings). Every time I log in I have to switch to 200 items per page to scroll quickly through the backup sets and reports.
  • In the right column of the ā€œBackup Setsā€ and ā€œBackup Reportsā€ pages, buttons could get an icon instead of text, which makes them smaller, leaving more space for other columns on screens with a lower resolution. Something like this: DuplicatiMonitoringIcons.zip (9.4 KB).

Hello,

I have 2 suggestions:

1. In the backup reports a filter for the Result would be fine. I want to review the error and warnings but there are many entries so I have to click next page and next page and next page

2. In the same view (and maybe also in the Backup reports for one job) a ā€œDelete whole pageā€ would be find to delete 20 (or 50 or 100 or 200) at once.

So in that view a filter and a delete all shown reports.

Can I please also ask that you include the Backup Set Group name in the report detail page?

Hello, i have a suggestion. Can you do a Order By on every column in Backup Sets? This way we can order by name (which is default today), backup size, next report etc.
Additionally, it would be great if it showed the total size of all the backups.

I have a suggestion and a question:

Suggestion:

1. If you donate from time to time, stopā€¦ donate on a monthly recurring basis. Make it a small amount if you need to, but donate monthly on a recurring basis with paypal or something that can pull a small amount every month. This helps to be able to create a predictable budget from which to work.

Question:
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to re-order the Backup Sets page to show me the groups in alphabetical order. Is there some trick to this?

Statement:
This is such a valuable service and absolutely necessary to the success of Duplicati as a reliable source of backup and confirmation. The work by the Duplicati-Monitoring.com team is really top-notch.

]<

1 Like

Hi All, just another suggestion: It would be handy if you can choose whether each backup should contain new or changed data. Basically we know we want a backup to happen each 24 hours, but Iā€™ve had a case where a backup was setup correctly but the target system did not produce the data it should. I finally noticed that my backups were running but didnā€™t contain any ā€œNewā€ data, and fixed it.

So if I could pick a flag to indicate that a backup should always (every cycle) produce changes and/or new data then duplicati-monitor could indicate that a warning was produced because a backup did not contain the selected data type/changes.

Thanks!

Hi there,

thank you very much for providing us such a beautiful and feature rich monitoring portal!
With regards to use cases in a rather data privacy sensitive environment I would like to make some suggestions. According to the PayPal account connected to the Donation button, ā€œDie Mittelstandsoptimierer. Vertumno GmbHā€ seems to be a SME company located in Germany which is acting behind the Duplicati monitoring portal. It would be nice to have some sort of an About page in the portal which would state this transparently.

Ideally the portal would also provide a privacy statement and some sort of GDPR compliance statement. Again, why all the hassle? Well donā€™t get me wrong, but sometimes I face discussions about IP numbers and email addresses collected in the portal database as well as absolute file paths stated there in case of error or warnings in a Duplicati backup job. So some answers to such questions within the monitoring portal would be really helpful.

Thanks again,
trio3

Thank you for this very fine tool, helping me to keep an overview of my running Duplicati jobs - great work!
I have one improvement suggestion though:
In Backup Reports the Report Time is given in time elapsed from now. This is fine for today and for up to a week ago, but then it gets messy when a bunch of reports have a report time of ā€œone week agoā€ and an even larger bunch all go by ā€œone month agoā€ and so on. I would very much prefer to see the exact date in the list, instead of having to click on each line, just to see the date it was run.
I am in the process of analysing odd backup behavior of the past months, trying to figure out a pattern when which run showed this behavior. For this I need to know exactly the date of each run.
Thanks for considering this.

Edit: If is warning 248 items, it failed to report. I exclude Appdata folder and the warning is only 3 items it report into Duplicati Monitoring

My setup of Duplicati Monitoring is not reporting successful back up with warning.

It only report success and failed backup only.

How do I troubleshoot?

Would love weekly reports instead of daily. I just set mine up and will do a donation as well. I think for maybe home users or cases where backups maybe donā€™t change that often or are not super duper critical, once a week email would be awesome. Product looks really great so far, wish i had searched for it beforeā€¦

Hi!

Iā€™d like translate to Hungarian.
Could you send me the English text file?

Many thanks!

BR: Feko

1 Like

Thanks to @fekohu , Duplicati Monitoring is now available in Hungarian.

2 Likes

Hi there!

I have updated the Hungarian language file.
Can anyone upload it?

Many Thanks!
Feko

Hi there!

I have updated the Hungarian language file.
Can anyone upload it?

Many Thanks!
Feko

We might need to tag @crazy4chrissi to get their attention.