Duplicati has been trying to backup for a month, how do I stop it?

This server has been attempting to backup for over three weeks now. It has made no progress. When I click “Stop Now”, it tells me it’s attempting to stop, but it never does.

I’ve tried restarting the systemd service, but it comes right back up and tries to backup again. How do I stop the backup so I can install the latest Duplicati update? Hopefully that might fix something…

I’m guessing I should use the CLI, but I don’t know what commands to use and the documentation doesn’t seem to have any information about this.

I suspect you’re going to have to actually look at whatever is going wrong now.

How far does it go, then what? Watch the status bar. Watch About → Show log → Live → Information

It also tells you what it needs to finish, but the question is did it ever start? Need the information above.
For more extensive information, you could increase the log level to Verbose. Retry is in between those.

What’s the Destination type?

EDIT:

“Test connection” button on the Destination screen is a basic test that looks like it works during backup.

Duplicati.CommandLine.BackendTester.exe is an automated test you can run with a URL gotten from an Export As Command-line and edited to an empty folder. Or try Duplicati.CommandLine.BackendTool.exe

Or describe the symptoms as above. It might not be a destination problem, but there’s no information yet.

Edit the backup to disable the schedule and then restart the service.

Related post:

1 Like