Duplicati crashing on macOS Mojave after upgrade

$ ./duplicati
Crash! 
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Exception: A serious error occurred in Duplicati: System.Exception: Unable to start up, perhaps another process is already running?
Error message: System.InvalidOperationException: object_op ---> System.EntryPointNotFoundException: SystemNative_RealPath
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Interop+Sys.RealPath(string)
  at System.IO.CoreFX.FileSystemWatcher+RunningInstance.Start () [0x00000] in <e9297c7c5cde4e1285346aced9ff2658>:0 
  at System.IO.CoreFX.FileSystemWatcher.StartRaisingEvents () [0x00067] in <e9297c7c5cde4e1285346aced9ff2658>:0 
  [... continues for about three pages]

Here’s the error I get when I run duplicati duplicati_error.zip (1.8 KB)

I’ve checked in ps and Activity Monitor.app and there’s no instance running, I’ve deleted the lockfiles in ~/.config and the result is the same. duplicati-cli runs successfully so it seems to be related to the server specifically.

My duplicati version is 2.0.4.5_beta_2018-11-28

Possibly related: Freshly installed Duplicati does not seem to be working on macOS Mojave (new user)

What version of mono are you running? This sounds related to

Yep that was it. That’s annoying.

Supposedly there is a fix (at least for the errors we’re seeing with Mono 5.18 on Linux) upstream but it’s not clear when it will be released:

It’s alright thanks for the tip!

Just for clarification, the issue I linked above is specific to Debian and has been resolved in the latest Debian packages.

Does anyone know of a combination of Duplicati and Mono packages that works on an up-to-date macOS machine? I’ve been trying to get it to run completely without success.