Downgrade 2.0.4.5 to 2.0.3.3 / Complete uninstall form Mac

Hi,

I tray to complete uninstall 2.0.4.5 and install 2.0.3.3 on several Mac, with ssh or Apple Remote Desktop.

Step 1 : Uninstall Duplicati 2.0.4.5 : (as root)

Unload service :
launchctl unload /Library/Launchdaemons/net.duplicati.tray-icon.plist launchctl unload /Library/Launchdaemons/net.duplicati.server.plist

Delete plist (Duplicati as a service) :
rm /Library/Launchdaemons/net.duplicati.tray-icon.plist rm /Library/Launchdaemons/net.duplicati.server.plist

Delete config files :
rm -R /var/root/.config/Duplicati

Delete application and files
rm -R /Applications/Duplicati.app rm -R /Library/"Application Support"/Duplicati rm -R /Users/XXX/Library/"Application Support"/Duplicati

Step 2 : Install 2.0.3.3 (after download)

With ARD, copy Duplicati.app to applications folder

With ARD, copy plist to :
/Library/Launchdaemons/net.duplicati.tray-icon.plist /Library/Launchdaemons/net.duplicati.server.plist

Starting service : (details on the bottom)
launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/net.duplicati.server.plist launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/net.duplicati.tray-icon.plist

To verify version of Duplicati :
ip_address_of_computer:8200
and go to “A propos de” and the version is 2.0.4.5 and not 2.0.3.3 !!

I verify version from applications folder :
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Print CFBundleVersion" /Applications/Duplicati.app/Contents/Info.plist
It’s 2.0.3.3

Where is the problem ?

My plist :

net.duplicati.server.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Label</key>
<string>net.duplicati.server</string>
<key>ProgramArguments</key>
<array>
<string>/Applications/Duplicati.app/Contents/MacOS/duplicati-server</string>
<string>--webservice-interface=any</string>
<string>--webservice-port=8200</string>
</array>
<key>RunAtLoad</key>
<true/>
<key>LaunchOnlyOnce</key>
<true/>
<key>KeepAlive</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</plist>

net.duplicati.tray-icon.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Label</key>
<string>net.duplicati.tray-icon</string>
<key>ProgramArguments</key>
<array>
<string>open</string>
<string>/Applications/Duplicati.app/</string>
<string>--args</string>
<string>--hosturl="http://localhost:8200"</string>
<string>--no-hosted-server</string>
</array>
<key>RunAtLoad</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</plist>

Hello @Networld, welcpme to the forum!

My guess is your 2.0.4.5 is coming from the Duplicati updates folder (check ~/.config/updates).

When the base version (2.0.3.3 for you) runs if it finds a newer version in the updates folder then control will be passed to that newer version.

Note that per the below post, the lowest version 2.0.4.5 can be easily downgraded to is 2.0.3.12.

Agree with @JonMikelV line of thought (see link at bottom of post for more) but need some clarification.

Maybe @Networld could state the high-level plan here. Is this to start fresh on 2.0.3.3 for some reason?

The “Delete config files” step in the original post seems like a fresh start. It does avoid DB downgrades…

I don’t have a Mac, or know where its updates (e.g. 2.0.4.5) live, but Downgrading How-To seems to think:

MacOS
i. /Library/Application Support/Duplicati/updates (service / daemon on High Sierra 10.13.5)

Duplicati on Windows - two version numbers is a long explanation of the different numbers you might see.

Thanks for the reminder @ts678. :slight_smile:

Of course actual location of updates folder can vary by run method (and custom parameters) as well. If running as a service under root it would likely be at /root/.config/Duplicati/updates.

Thanks for your answers.
I have many problems with Duplicati 2.0.4.5 (cert if is in root daemons, database erros,…). Then, I make a fresh install in 2.0.3.3 (no problems with this version).

I have search the updates folder and is not created to my fresh install (see the screenschot).
To a computer I have uninstall Duplicati and mono. After fresh install, it’s the version 2.0.3.3.
But it’s not working to anothers computers (2.0.4.5).

Capture_d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran_2019-05-13_%C3%A0_09_25_13