DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path

Hello. I’m getting the following warnings when backing up.

• 2024-08-06 10:39:41 -04 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess-FileAccessError]: Error reported while accessing file: E:\empower\Root\PEPs\Assam\Enrolled\Location Relocation Selection (May 30, 2024 4-18-11 PM)\ DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path ‘\?\E:\empower\Root\PEPs\Assam\Enrolled\Location Relocation Selection (May 30, 2024 4-18-11 PM)’.
  • 2024-08-06 10:43:00 -04 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess-FileAccessError]: Error reported while accessing file: E:\empower\Root\PEPs\Assam\Enrolled\Location Relocation Selection (May 30, 2024 4-18-11 PM)\ DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path ‘\?\E:\empower\Root\PEPs\Assam\Enrolled\Location Relocation Selection (May 30, 2024 4-18-11 PM)’.
  • 2024-08-06 10:43:00 -04 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.MetadataGenerator.Metadata-MetadataProcessFailed]: Failed to process metadata for "E:\empower\Root\PEPs\Assam\Enrolled\Location Relocation Selection (May 30, 2024 4-18-11 PM)", storing empty metadata DirectoryNotFoundException: \?\E:\empower\Root\PEPs\Assam\Enrolled\Location Relocation Selection (May 30, 2024 4-18-11 PM)

How do I fix this?

You should try to write topics in a self-contained way so people don’t have to guess what E: is, however if it’s the same as it was before (after digging up the data), here’s what I said about it:

Basically, Duplicati can only back up a working drive. Network drives are more likely to break.

sounds similar, and has a comment from the lead author that the drive is expected to work right.

If Mountain Duck support has some debug ideas beyond you running Process Monitor, try them.

You can try The TEST-FILTERS command in Duplicati to walk a folder without all the other stuff. Knowing whether simplifying things that way helps (or not) might be helpful to debug the drive…

Hello sir. Thanks for the quick response. How would I do this? I know how to get to the CLI, but the (options) part of the command is what I don’t understand.

The manual says Duplicati.CommandLine.exe test-filters <source-path> [<options>]

Testing Filters with command line tool gives examples of --include and --exclude options, but simply to see if you can walk the folder you give for a source path, you don’t need to have options unless it becomes important to reproducing or isolating the failure. You can see what your backup uses for filter options (possibly you don’t have any) in Source data → Filters → Three dot menu → Edit as text.