I am unable to change the prefix for my backups.
I’ve been playing around with some of the options in Duplicati to get to know it better. One I’m interested in is the prefix option. At first, I set it to something non-default. Now that I’ve been using Duplicati, I have something specific I want it to be but can’t successfully change it.
From another thread, I see that folders are the preferred organization method vs prefixes. I’m wanting to use both. I still have them in separate folders, but also have a desire to set the prefix, as well.
Here is what I’m doing:
- Setting the prefix option in the Duplicati settings (I want all backup jobs to have the same prefix). For example, “INITIAL”
- Create and run a backup job. The backup files now have the INITIAL prefix.
- Change the prefix in the Duplicati settings (same seems to happen in the specific backup job, though). The new prefix could be “FINAL” for example.
- Verify the backup job’s files. This will fail due to missing files (looking for the new prefix, FINAL, and there are only INITIAL files there).
- Change the prefixes of the actual backup files from INITIAL to FINAL.
- Verify the backup job’s files again. This fails again.
- Run a database repair. This fails terribly in that it deletes my backup files.
I’ve tried a few combinations of changing the prefix in the Duplicati settings, the backup job settings, both, doing DB repairs vs recreating the database. Nothing seems to get the backup job to recognize the altered prefix files as its own even though there are no other files in that backup job’s destination folder.