Can´t connect to Onedrive Business since a few days

Hi there,

with Verison 2.0.3.1_experimental_2018-03-16 I have some trouble in the last days connecting to onedrive business (student/university license). Even the connection test in configuration failed. I used backup type “Microsoft onedrive for business”, however, I can´t create a AuthID for my account with type “Microsoft onedrive”.

This is the error message while running the backup:

Kein SharePoint Web konnte sich unter dem Pfad 'https://studfrauasde-my.sharepoint.com/personal/XXX/XXX' anmelden. Vielleicht falsche Anmeldeinformationen. Oder versuche es mit "//" im Pfad zu separaten Web-Ordner.

Same problem here. Have you found a solution?

No, Not yet. Waiting for ideas :slight_smile:

It could be that MS is shutting down the old API. We have a new version with the new API ready.

I have set up the OAuth server now, so you should be able to use the new “Graph API”, but you need to use the canary build as the Graph API based backend is not in the experimental build.

with latest canary update (btw: the internal updater didnt work, i had to install manually) I can choose Onedrive V2 or Microsoft 365 group.
In each case I got the error message “Failed to connect: Unwrapped TargetInvocationException”.
What does that mean!?

@Janik: Ich weiß nicht genau, wie, aber ich habe die Sicherung mit Duplicati 2.0.3.3 in ein OneDrive for Business hinbekommen.
Noch zum Fehlerbild: Auf dem fraglichen PC ging ein O365-Konto “Meyer” nicht. Dieses Konto funktionierte aber auf einem anderen PC. Ein anderes O365-Konto funktionierte dagegen auf dem fraglichen PC. Offenbar war also etwas mit diesem Account “Meyer” genau auf diesem PC kaputt.

Mir fiel auf, dass für das Office 365 unter diesem Benutzer ein falscher Account verwendet worden war (ersichtlich zB unter Word -> Datei -> Konto).
Ich habe sowohl Onedrive über die Systemsteuerung entfernt als auch anschließend das Office-Paket (welches sowieso doppelt in der Systemsteuerung vorhanden war).
Dann habe ich Office neu installiert. Zudem hatte ich Duplicati deinstalliert, Verzeichnisreste gelöscht, und nun funktioniert die Sicherung wie gewünscht.

Leider weiß ich nicht, welcher Schritt entscheiden war. Ich glaube eher nicht, dass die Duplicati-Deinstallation der entscheidende Punkt war.
Ich würde jetzt so vorgehen, zunächst

• nur “Onedrive” zu entfernen (das ist ein eigener Punkt unter den installierten Programmen, gleich unterhalb dem Microsoft-Office-Paket), anschließend
  • eine Office-Reparatur auszuführen (Reparieren einer Office-Anwendung - Office-­Support - meiner Meinung nach ist Onedrive anschließend wieder da).
  • Bei der Gelegenheit schauen, ob der richtige Office-Account überall verwendet wird.

Edit to add English translation via Google:
I’m not sure how, but I did fix Duplicati 2.0.3.3 into a OneDrive for Business.
Still to the error: On the questionable PC went an O365 account “Meyer” not. This account worked but on another PC. On the other hand, another O365 account worked on the PC in question. Apparently something was broken with this account “Meyer” exactly on this PC.

I noticed that for the Office 365 under this user a wrong account had been used (visible eg under Word -> File -> Account).
I removed both Onedrive through the Control Panel and then the Office package (which was in Control Panel anyway).
Then I reinstalled Office. In addition, I had uninstalled Duplicati, deleted directory scraps, and now the backup works as desired.

Unfortunately I do not know which step was decisive. I do not think that Duplicati deinstallation was the key point.
I would do this now, first

• just remove “Onedrive” (this is a separate item under the installed programs, just below the Microsoft Office package), then
  • to run an office fix (fixing an Office application - Office support - in my opinion, Onedrive will be back).
  • Take the opportunity to see if the right office account is used everywhere.

Thank-you for sharing your solution - I’m happy to hear it’s working for you. :slight_smile:

(I hope you don’t mind, I edited your post by adding an English version from Google Translate to make your post more easily searchable.)

Danke, dass Sie Ihre Lösung geteilt haben - ich freue mich zu hören, dass es für Sie funktioniert. :slight_smile:

(Ich hoffe, es macht Ihnen nichts aus, ich habe Ihren Beitrag bearbeitet, indem Sie eine englische Version von Google Übersetzer hinzugefügt haben, damit Ihr Beitrag leichter durchsuchbar ist.)

@Janik_LangLang_BergB - did OD4B ever start working again for you?