Backup failed - Error in updater

Todays scheduled backup job failed due to some error with app version. This is very dangerous. The upgrade process should be independent of the application function and fully under the control of the administrator. How can I turn off this AutoUpdater?

Thanks
N.

Sep 26, 2020 7:55 AM: Failed while executing “Backup” with id: 1
Duplicati.Library.Interface.UserInformationException:
The database has version 10 but the largest supported version is 8.
This is likely caused by upgrading to a newer version and then downgrading.
If this is the case, there is likely a backup file of the previous database version in the folder C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Duplicati.
v Duplicati.Library.SQLiteHelper.DatabaseUpgrader.UpgradeDatabase(IDbConnection connection, String sourcefile, String schema, IList1 versions) v Duplicati.Library.SQLiteHelper.DatabaseUpgrader.UpgradeDatabase(IDbConnection connection, String sourcefile, Type eltype) v Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalDatabase.CreateConnection(String path) v Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalBackupDatabase..ctor(String path, Options options) v Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.<RunAsync>d__19.MoveNext() --- Konec trasování zásobníku z předchozího místa, ze kterého byla vyvolána výjimka --- v System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() v CoCoL.ChannelExtensions.WaitForTaskOrThrow(Task task) v Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<Backup>b__0(BackupResults result) v Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T](T result, String[]& paths, IFilter& filter, Action1 method)
v Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.Backup(String inputsources, IFilter filter)
v Duplicati.Server.Runner.Run(IRunnerData data, Boolean fromQueue)

Sep 26, 2020 7:54 AM: Error in updater
System.Exception: Found unexpected file: C:\ProgramData\Duplicati\updates\2.0.5.1\updates
v Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.UpdaterManager.VerifyUnpackedFolder(String folder, UpdateInfo version)

ServerVersionName : - 2.0.5.1_beta_2020-01-18
StartedBy : Tray icon
BaseVersionName : 2.0.4.23_beta_2019-07-14

Duplicati checks for new updates and notifies users. It does not update the current installation without any user interaction. What exactly do you mean by “turn off this AutoUpdater”?

Thanks very much for reply. I will explain it: My periodical backup job failed with message: “The database has version 10 but the largest supported version is 8.
This is likely caused by upgrading to a newer version and then downgrading.” I cannot figure out what did I do wrong.

Welcome to the forum @namsevz

This looks strange. Is there really an updates folder below the updates folder?
What’s in it? changelog.txt (if present) will reveal the release. Is it lots of files?
If I tested right, 2.0.5.1 folder Properties should list as 574 files and 82 folders.

Duplicati checks update integrity before running, so might have not run 2.0.5.1,
meaning you reverted to the 2.0.4.23 base version which can’t read newer DB.

EDIT:
Downgrading / reverting to a lower version says how to intentionally downgrade.
If somehow your 2.0.5.1 went bad and is hard to fix, downgrade it then upgrade.
Alternatively, install from .msi again as an Administrator, and get a good 2.0.5.1.