Backup Duplicati to scaleway.com

Hi is anybody makes backup to scaleway.com?

Tnx

It claims to be S3 compatible, so it should work with Duplicati.

not directly - but I do use it as secondary off-site location. Primary backup goes to stackstorage.com, which I sync regularly (but not scheduled) to scaleway.com glacier storage.

1 Like

@Wim_Jansen how do you configure Duplicati to work with http://scaleway.com?
Thank you.

@Wim_Jansen I try to use S3 compatible
but get an error
Failed to connect: A WebException with status NameResolutionFailure was thrown.

What did you use for the custom S3 endpoint/server?

@drwtsn32 I have
https://duplicati-test.s3.fr-par.scw.cloud

Try removing the “https://” part - only include the hostname portion.
Make sure Use SSL is checked.

@drwtsn32 tnx
I try with that now have

Failed to connect: The authorization header is malformed; the region ‘us-east-1’ is wrong; expecting ‘fr-par’

but I have select Paris see here screenshot-localhost_8200-2020.11.05-22_59_51 - Nimbus Capture

Just leave the region at “default” and storage class at “default”. Does the bucket already exist?

Solved

1 Like

Unfortunately, it is not solved. Backup is started. I see on scaleway
file “duplicati-test”
and
folder “duplicati-test”
is created
but in Duplicati have an error. I try to repair database but can’t repair

Nov 5, 2020 11:29 PM: The operation Repair has failed with error: The backup storage destination is missing data files. You can either enable --rebuild-missing-dblock-files or run the purge command to remove these files. The following files are missing: duplicati-bed31e3041e964e5fad14ebc13db9be17.dblock.zip, duplicati-b191b14e62a8b49858f30edddfaa4ad8c.dblock.zip, duplicati-bd63343bf38664563a8333fe4135755d4.dblock.zip
{“ClassName”:“Duplicati.Library.Interface.UserInformationException”,“Message”:“The backup storage destination is missing data files. You can either enable --rebuild-missing-dblock-files or run the purge command to remove these files. The following files are missing: duplicati-bed31e3041e964e5fad14ebc13db9be17.dblock.zip, duplicati-b191b14e62a8b49858f30edddfaa4ad8c.dblock.zip, duplicati-bd63343bf38664563a8333fe4135755d4.dblock.zip”,“Data”:null,“InnerException”:null,“HelpURL”:null,“StackTraceString”:" at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.RepairHandler.RunRepairRemote()\r\n at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.RepairHandler.Run(IFilter filter)\r\n at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T](T result, String& paths, IFilter& filter, Action`1 method)\r\n at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.Repair(IFilter filter)\r\n at Duplicati.Server.Runner.Run(IRunnerData data, Boolean fromQueue)",“RemoteStackTraceString”:null,“RemoteStackIndex”:0,“ExceptionMethod”:“8\nRunRepairRemote\nDuplicati.Library.Main, Version=2.0.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null\nDuplicati.Library.Main.Operation.RepairHandler\nVoid RunRepairRemote()”,“HResult”:-2146233088,“Source”:“Duplicati.Library.Main”,“WatsonBuckets”:null}

What error did you see before you attempted a repair?

I’m surprised there is any data there, I thought this was your first attempt to use the back end storage?

Founded problem. This is the right configuration

Here is price list Cloud, Compute, Storage and Network models and pricing - Scaleway
Also they offer 75GB free space

2 Likes

is your data in standard or in glacier? If in glacier, does verification work? As stack (transip.be) will stop it’s free 1TB storage, I might use scaleway for storing my data.

It is Standard storage.

you do realize this 5x as expensive as glacier?

Price is €0.01/GB/month for standard and €0.002/GB/month for glacier (restore free) if I read correctly. It is cheaper than Microsoft, Google or Amazon

1 Like

Hi Dalilaj

I am very interesting in knowing how you set this up.
Can you please tell me in scaleway what are the corresponding data

• Bucket Name = ?
  • AWS Access ID = ?
  • AWS Access Key = ?

Where are these in Scaleway interface ?

Thanks in advance for your answer

Hi
bucket name enters in the form:
“my-bucket-name” without quotes
AWS Access ID and AWS Access Key get inside

1. Select project

2. After selecting the project to select the credentials