Backing up Duplicati configs for DR

Backing up the configuration is a similar question, with several answers (some more ambitious than others).

To add to the answer by @JonMikelV you likely also need to make sure you have passwords, including the encryption passphrase you might have had Duplicati use. Also helpful is information on what’s where on the destination, because it’s hard to determine by inspecting backend files. Maybe folder/bucket names will help.

All of the above are (I think) available in any Export of the backup, provided you allow it to export everything. Probably it’s all in Duplicati-server.sqlite because there’s not much in the per-backup SQLite files for configs. Because I haven’t tested your proposal, I’ll give as general advice that Export is the better path to take, and manual looking is also easy (if you ever want to), provided you haven’t encrypted it and lost the passphrase.

Duplicati-server.sqlite configurations can be regenerated by Import of the Export you did before, but per-job sqlite files will have to be recreated if not backed up. Or if you care primarily about DR recovery to the latest version, do a direct restore (or one based on your Export), grab the latest version, and start a fresh backup.