--auth-password is not supported

I am not even sure which “auto-fill” breaks it (LastPass or Chrome, on my case), but I really struggled to restore a backup because of it last month. I just found out (thanks quinting and Fiermont !) that it also breaks the creation of backups and finally solved the dreaded 2 warnings at the end of some of mine!

I’m using Google Drive, but the solution is the same is the one proposed by Fiermont: Nov '19. You just edit the destination URL, on second step “Destination” of the GUI, removing everything after the authid=[key] (i.e., after the huge string after authid=, starting with the &auth-username=).

Every successful backup, for quite some time until today, would end with 2 warnings:

• 2020-08-27 15:30:10 -03 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller-UnsupportedOption]: The supplied option --auth-username is not supported and will be ignored

• 2020-08-27 15:30:10 -03 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller-UnsupportedOption]: The supplied option --auth-password is not supported and will be ignored

And now I was finally able to solve it, without the need to recreate the jobs (and lose all blocks already at the destination).

1 Like

Can you clarify that? I see a non-break warning about an ignored option, with possible explanation here.

I created an account in the forum just to say you nailed it. Kudos!

1 Like

Thank you so much for reasserting what quinting and Fiermont has explained. I actually shifted my duplicati backup from icedrive to google drive. These two errors were pop up when I run the backup to google drive.

I was looking for the auth password to remove as explained but was difficult finding where in the destination screen. I was checking in the advanced option three dots and was overlooking on the top three dots.

So i finally found here in the screenshot Screenshot by Lightshot. First i copied the URL which came after pressing the 3 dots and then importing but removing &user… password until end.
Screenshot by Lightshot

The error goes off. Thank you everyone for the help.

Friend, thanks for sharing your knowledge.
It worked for me too. Thanks

1 Like

This was the solution for me as well, although Firefox password manager. Once removed from there, the backup again worked well. THANKS, I never would have figured that out!

Excellent, this allowed me to get rid of the warning messages as well. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thanks… it is right now… yeah