Is Backup on LTO Possible with Duplicati

You didn’t includ any information such as what OS you’re running or what type of SQL is involved, but since you mentioned Exchange I’ll assume this is Windows based.

1. If by “LTO” you mean Linear Tape-Open I think it depends on how it’s exposed to your system. If the LTO is exposed (and can be used) like any other attached (or mapped) drive then you probably can. Note, however, that the DEFAULT settings in Duplicati expect to have access to the already backed up files for validation (do they exist) and verification (download and verify) as well as wanting to be able to re-write existing backed up files (depending on your “keep until” settings) which may not be optimal for a linear storage system. So be sure to review parameters if you move forward with this.

2. Duplicati CAN back up SQL files. Search for “SQL” on this forum and you’ll find a few suggestions such as MS SQL does not backup modified files (use --disable-filetime-check parameter), MS SQL database backup, and Does Duplicati support MySQL / MSSQL server database backups? (flush buffers if using VSS).

3. I’m not sure how MS Exchange handles it’s databases so we might have to wait and see if somebody else has done this yet - or maybe you can be the first and provide us with a “how I did it” post.

Thanks for checking out Duplicati!