Who to prevent special warnings

During Duplicati works I receive two warnings:

1. The specified option --auth-password is not supported and is therefore ignored (translated from German)
  2. Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileBlockProcessor.FileEntry-PathProcessingFailed]: Failed to process path: c:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\xxxxx\parent.lock
    How can I prevent these warnings?

EPH

On the Destination screen, use three-dot menu on the right to “Copy Destination URL to Clipboard”, then use “Import Destination URL” with the unwanted option edited out. Unless you previously used a password, you might also be allowing your browser to autofill saved passwords for your Duplicati URL. This is usually bad because they will go in the wrong places and mess things up, adding or overwriting passwords for you.

If you have only one file doing this, and it’s not important (and I don’t think parent.lock is), you can just filter.
On the Source Data screen in Filters section use the dropdown to Exclude File and enter the path. If you’re on 2.0.5.1 it’s buggy. Regardless, use the three-dot menu Edit as text to make sure what it did is the filename you want excluded, with a minus sign in front and no extra backslashes at the end of the entry. When done, go the screen 5 and Save the configuration, and that file will be excluded from future backups.

If you have lots of files or some need backup, it’s best to use vss-snapshot-policy, but getting Administrator permission can be cumbersome unless you did a Window service install, which can also be cumbersome.

1 Like