Chapter 8 (Disaster Recovery) added.
This completes all subjects I want to cover in the manual (General information, Installation, Graphical Interface, Storage Providers, Commandline Interface, Disaster Recovery, Commandline Reference, Advanced Options Reference, selected whitepapers in Appendices).
What I’ve thought about, but didn’t make it to the manual is: “FAQ’s”, “Troubleshooting”, “Specific operations / Hacks / Tips & Tricks”, “Howto’s” and “Using specific Storage providers”. Reasons:
- these subjects are quite dynamic (storage providers based on standard protocols like S3 or SSH come and go)
- When documenting procedure X, you have to document many other related procedures (example: documenting moving Storage provider X to Y induces the need for documenting a lot of other migration scenarios.
- When documenting hacks / special use of Duplicati, there is no rule to choose what to document and what not.
- FAQ’s, Troubleshooting and Howto’s are covered nicely by the forum.
Before marking it as final, can anyone give feedback about:
- Is there any information that should be covered by the manual that is missing in the latest version?
- Can something be improved to the layout or content?
- Spelling or grammar mistakes? Please submit!
I prefer receiving issues by PM in an attempt to keep this topic clean. I can fix small problems (typos, adding/changing/removing some words) and report “big” issues (add a subject/chapter, reorder content) that are elegible for discussion back to the forum.
If there’s much to discuss, I could open a new topic for manual corrections.
Duplicati User’s Manual Rev. 0.5