Warning - Failed to process path

I’ve searched through the forum and I can’t find any issue like the one I’m posting here.

I’m on Windows 11 and backing up OneDrive from C to my NAS.
My OneDrive is only 53Gb or so.
All of my files and folders are “Always available on this device”
Duplicati is configured as an Application as opposed to a Service.
I set up a backup task and have run it several times quite successfully, but in the last few days I have been getting the following warning message:

[Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileBlockProcessor.FileEntry-PathProcessingFailed]: Failed to process path: C:\Users\james\OneDrive.849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B

The folder in question is not in my OneDrive (Explorer is set to show hidden files).

I don’t understand why Duplicati was working fine for a while and now it appears to be trying to access a folder that doesn’t exist on my C drive.

I’d be grateful for any ideas.

Welcome @James_Mannion!

I don’t have an answer to your problem, but I did do a google search for this. It shows ALL kinds of issues with this file (not related to Duplicati). It clearly is something “special”. With some quick reads, nothing obvious came out, but if you dig in this area you may find something.

Regards,
L

1 Like

Thanks @Lerrissirrel for pointing me in the right direction.
A little bit of Googling found many many issues with .849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B, mostly sync-related.
All I did to fix my problem was to “Show hidden folders” in Duplicati’s source window and omitted above folder.
I ran the task again and it worked perfectly.
It is strange that it was working previously and then it wasn’t, but anyway it’s working now.