View CLI Backup in GUI?

Not sure if this belongs here or in Dev/Support

I’m trying to put together a method to deploy Duplicati to a group of users, and everyone will have the same backup configuration. I was thinking about using the CLI to configure the backup during the install process, but from testing it seems that a CLI backup does not show up in the GUI (Definitely want the users to be able to use the GUI to restore if needed). Is there a way to have the GUI recognize CLI-generated backups? Or am I way off the mark here on auto-configuring the clients?

Thanks!

The command line tools included with Duplicati operate independently from the Web UI based engine. Instead you can try using this tool GitHub - Pectojin/duplicati-client: A command line client for controlling the Duplicati Server

I have used it in the past to kick off backup jobs defined in the Web UI. I have not personally used it to create or manage backup jobs, but it looks like it supports it.

Good luck!

It won’t find them automatically (because they’re independent), but you can try to set them up in unison.

Direct restore from backup files can do that and requires very little, but you should be able to do better if you know where your CLI database is (because you use a --dbpath). You can put that on GUI Database, allowing GUI restore. Just in case someone decides to do something else (like backup), it’s best to have GUI job use the same settings as the CLI job, and the best way to do that is to set up in GUI, then run an Export As Command-line. A weirdness in this plan is CLI backup won’t update GUI home page job stats.

1 Like