Very slow to backup

Hi @adavide, welcome to the forum and thanks for using Duplicati!

Yes, the multi-threaded code is still being worked on, but is also still considered very “fresh” which is why it has so far only been released in the Canary builds.

You mentioned that “before the update” to 2.0.3.7 you were getting 1-2% CPU usage on your Synology 218play - do you recall what version you were using when you got those numbers?

Thanks @JonMikelV
Yes was version 2.0.3.3
At the moment i give up because for the second time Duplicati get the system partition full. I set tempdir option to use Volume1 but still create the sqlite database in the .config/Duplicati directory. I’ve tried twice with different jobs but i didn’t succeed …

I suspect you’re running into the but bug in 2.0.3.6 & 2.0.3.7 (when all the multi-threading code was added) where temp files are not correctly cleaned up.

This has been fixed but not released yet (though I expect it quite soon):

1 Like

That’s right! I also notice a big increase of space used on my Volume1 about of the same size of the backup (500gb) and when i uninstalled duplicati it give me back the space.

But i think this is different from the problem, on top, of *.sqlite files saved in the root folder of the NAS…

I will be happy to try again with the new release

I am having this problem too. Whenever I use SFTP to any device to any device it never transfers over 10mb/s and more often than not it is much slower than that. I even tested it to the SSH account on my local Ubuntu mediabox and I get the same slow results. BUMP!!!

(Above aside, this is the best OS backup program I have EVER seen. And I greatly appreciate the product and the work that has been put into it.)