Uploaded copy to google cloud breaks permissions

I have such a problem.
There is a copy of the backup files on Google Drive with a volume of 1.6 GB
I downloaded to local drive.
in order to partially free up space, now I uploaded it back to Google Drive. my task in duplicate does not see the files dlist.zip writes the error below

: Сбой при операции Repair с ошибкой: No files were found at the remote location, perhaps the target url is incorrect?
{"ClassName":"Duplicati.Library.Interface.UserInformationException","Message":"No files were found at the remote location, perhaps the target url is incorrect?","Data":null,"InnerException":null,"HelpURL":null,"StackTraceString":"   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.RecreateDatabaseHandler.DoRun(LocalDatabase dbparent, Boolean updating, IFilter filter, NumberedFilterFilelistDelegate filelistfilter, BlockVolumePostProcessor blockprocessor)\r\n
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.RecreateDatabaseHandler.Run(String path, IFilter filter, NumberedFilterFilelistDelegate filelistfilter, BlockVolumePostProcessor blockprocessor)\r\n   
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.RepairHandler.RunRepairLocal(IFilter filter)\r\n
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.RepairHandler.Run(IFilter filter)\r\n  
 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T](T result, String[]& paths, IFilter& filter, Action`1 method)\r\n 
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.Repair(IFilter filter)\r\n 
  at Duplicati.Server.Runner.Run(IRunnerData data, Boolean fromQueue)","RemoteStackTraceString":null,"RemoteStackIndex":0,"ExceptionMethod":"8\nDoRun\nDuplicati.Library.Main, Version=2.0.6.103, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null\nDuplicati.Library.Main.Operation.RecreateDatabaseHandler\nVoid DoRun(Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalDatabase, Boolean, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter, NumberedFilterFilelistDelegate, BlockVolumePostProcessor)","HResult":-2146233088,"Source":"Duplicati.Library.Main","WatsonBuckets":null}

and on the local the same copy works and everything is correct, what’s wrong?
Google drive has access, I check the folder, he sees it, and everything is OK, this copy of files does not work with Google drive

here is such a problem in the Google folder, I can’t figure out what to do at all

when trying to run repair, this is the message

seems to have found a problem, it lies in the fact that if you upload the backup files again, then the inheritance rights are lost and will no longer be like rights from a duplicati.

there is a solution?

I turn to the experts, I ask you for help :sob:

Sounds like you did a few manual steps that either didn’t need to be done or they did not occur as they should have.

I have a few questions.

-Is this a recovery scenario?
-Why are you manually uploading backup files into Google Drive? *
-What was your original backup setup?

* From the looks of that screen shot you didn’t overwrite the existing files and as such the newer copied files have been renamed with the extra (1) and won’t be used.

yes this script is trying to recreate the database. I’ll tell you step by step. I had a copy of duplicati on Google Drive for many years in a difficult situation between countries, we were forbidden to make payments by cards. And I was forced to take my files from Google Drive to local storage. Here’s what I did step by step

1. I downloaded all the duplicati files to my laptop
2. I cleaned the Google drive to a size that is free and it turns out that I can return 1 backup task back to me with the amount of free disk.
3. Copied all the files from the laptop back to Google Drive through the official Google Drive app.
4. In duplicati, I clicked the button to recreate the database from the copy that I specified.
5. duplicati began to swear that such files do not exist, but on the local laptop everything works correctly and all files and versions are visible.
6. Later I realized that duplicati does not see files that were not created by him, if you download an application from Google disk, then the attributes of the rights of the program that downloads files change there, I don’t see any other explanations

It’s a security feature Google is pushing. They threaten to force it but haven’t yet
Enhancing security controls for Google Drive third-party apps

Your choices are either a painful reupload, or use full access and hope it stays…
If it goes, I guess you can still access files another way to copy somewhere else.
Or do that now. Many providers are kind of lenient about security (if that’s OK…).

https://duplicati-oauth-handler.appspot.com/

If you use the default creation process, you get a limited login. This gets only Duplicati files.
If you wish to script a file-by-file upload, you use Duplicati.CommandLine.BackendTool.exe
Your files will then say (on file info screen) Created ... by Duplicati. Compare to now.

Yes, that probably should be cleaned up if the full access login plan winds up being chosen.
Right now, no files are visible, so that hides the extra files too.

1 Like

Thank you very much for such a comprehensive answer. Please explain what you mean by reloading? It turns out that if I copied the duplicati files to the local drive back, I won’t be able to upload them to Google Drive and use the duplicati copy? Due to strict rules on the distribution of rights?

Our people say this: live a century, learn a century anyway, you will die stupid because you know little is a proverb

You can turn off those rules and obtain a full access login, as explained. If you prefer, use

That’s reUPloading done as Duplicati. Duplicati.CommandLine.BackendTool.exe does that:

Usage:
Duplicati.CommandLine.BackendTool.exe <command> <protocol>://<username>:<password>@<path> [filename]

The following commands are supported:
GET, PUT, LIST, DELETE, CREATEFOLDER

The program is in install folder, its command is put, URL is as in Export As Command-line.
Uploading one file is easy. If you want them all uploaded, you will probably want to script it.
I could advise more on Linux, but on Windows I don’t know PowerShell well. Anyone else?

the last question, what dangers or threats are there if I give full access to duplicati to google drive?
https://duplicati-oauth-handler.appspot.com/
does this site get my token?

The privacy policy explains how and what they store, you can read it here.

1 Like

Kind of obviously, Duplicati has full access. While you can presumably trust Duplicati,
there is always a chance of a program error, though I haven’t heard of a relevant one,
or of attackers or malware figuring out how to use Duplicati access to reach your files.
I haven’t heard of that either. In theory, you are always safer giving the least privilege
necessary to get a job done, however most cloud services don’t let you. Google does.

There’s nothing special about Duplicati here. It’s a risk anytime anything has access…
Access is generally useful enough that people give it to programs, but less is less risk.

If you decide that you’d rather grant Duplicati restricted access (enjoying that feature),
and you know some Command Prompt and batch files, you could do something like a
dir /b to capture a file list to a file with > sign, then edit that into an upload batch file,
basically with each line being one run of Duplicati.CommandLine.BackendTool put file.

It’s kind of brute-force. Web search might also give you some ideas. For example, ask:

“batch file” “run a command on all files”